Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:08 PM

13 posts, read 24,174 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm Joe. I'm trying to move to another state but I'm not sure which one exactly. I just want to get away from Cali. It's just too expensive, full of plastic/materialistic people, extravagant people. Not saying other places don't have this, but Cali has more. I'm more of a chill/laid back kind of person.

Anyways...what's the best place in Florida to live in terms of everything? Personally I was looking at Orlando but I'm sure there are better places.

I already heard of the bad driving, tourists, racists, large amounts of Hispanics, mosquitoes, humidity...etc.

I'm 19. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 04:32 PM

413 posts, read 818,887 times
South Florida

Old 03-22-2011, 07:10 PM

I heard South Florida is the worst place to live. Sure it's cheap, but it has a ton of racists and large amounts of Hispanic immigrants.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:11 PM

49 posts, read 144,158 times
Do yourself a favor, don't move to FL. It only has low paying service jobs, seniors, and bad schools. Try TN, NC, or VA.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:58 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe2112 View Post
I heard South Florida is the worst place to live. Sure it's cheap, but it has a ton of racists and large amounts of Hispanic immigrants.
Isn't there a disconnect in your post?

You're concerned about racists but simultaneously have something against Hispanics? Now, I realize Hispanic isn't technically a race... but there seems to be some conflicting messages going on.

Are you coming to work or go to school? Are you entering a job field that is in demand in Florida?

Oh, and ignore FLDyingfast.... as if TN is known for its great wages and schools!

NC, VA and TN are NOT interchangeable places with Florida. If you like the lifestyle and atmosphere of Florida, NC isn't going to cut it. If you like mountains, FL isn't going to be your cup of tea. People looking to leave near the beach are typically not going to be open to moving to South Dakota. Period.

THAT'S the problem with some people. Not enough brains to figure simple things out like that, then they wonder why they have problems adjusting or thriving somewhere new.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:04 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Isn't there a disconnect in your post?

You're concerned about racists but simultaneously have something against Hispanics? Now, I realize Hispanic isn't technically a race... but there seems to be some conflicting messages going on.

Are you coming to work or go to school? Are you entering a job field that is in demand in Florida?

Oh, and ignore FLDyingfast.... as if TN is known for its great wages and schools!

NC, VA and TN are NOT interchangeable places with Florida. If you like the lifestyle and atmosphere of Florida, NC isn't going to cut it. If you like mountains, FL isn't going to be your cup of tea. People looking to leave near the beach are typically not going to be open to moving to South Dakota. Period.

THAT'S the problem with some people. Not enough brains to figure simple things out like that, then they wonder why they have problems adjusting or thriving somewhere new.
Reps to you!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:11 AM

413 posts, read 818,887 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are the racist. BTW, South Florida is the most expensive area of Florida. Supply/demand law should tell you why it must not be the worst.

By the way, the most racists parts of Florida area actually in the north of the state, not in the south. The so called "great places to raise a family" by WASPs standards.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:54 PM

901 posts, read 2,247,801 times
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out if this quote is IRONIC or MORONIC. Maybe a bit of both.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 PM

Go ahead with calling me racist. I didn't mean that in a bad way. It's a demographic FACT. I just want more diversity. California has a lot of Hispanics and Asians. Does that make me a racist too? It's a demographic fact. If you're going to highlight one little thing I stated and nitpick, then please don't post.

School to answer your question, TriMT7.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:05 AM

810 posts, read 1,578,285 times
Quote:
Go ahead with calling me racist. I didn't mean that in a bad way. It's a demographic FACT. I just want more diversity. California has a lot of Hispanics and Asians. Does that make me a racist too? It's a demographic fact. If you're going to highlight one little thing I stated and nitpick, then please don't post.

School to answer your question, TriMT7.
Orlando has a lot of hispanics too. Everyone talks to me in Spanish like in Miami.

Tampa or Jacksonville quizas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida