Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:17 AM

41 posts, read 89,825 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know where HVAC techs get paid the best in FL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 06:32 AM

519 posts, read 1,372,271 times
I don't have alot of ideas, trying to help hubby get a job in the same field, have you tried Tampa Bay trane? Tudi Mechaniical systems, they are a newer company in the Tampa area also they contacted hubby but he really wants to get back into managment and this was for a commercial tech. they new what hubby makes now and were still interested so both these companies pay pretty desent. I'm not sure I was much help but with your situation, but its what I know so far. If we can help any more let us know.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:59 AM

Would you happen to know what the salary was? I'll definitely have to check that out.. I was interested in the Melbourne area. I've read some of your posts and I think I read your husband had a few opportunities in that area?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2009 View Post
Would you happen to know what the salary was? I'll definitely have to check that out.. I was interested in the Melbourne area. I've read some of your posts and I think I read your husband had a few opportunities in that area?
Thats kinda funny thats where we were thinking also, but the one job he was extremely interested in didn't happen, darn. Hubby makes about 50,000 a yr now and those companies didn't blink at that, don't know if this helps or not. We would like to be on the east, ocean side if possible but at this point if its a good job offer well then where ever. If I spot anything I will let ya know. We can job search togeather.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:07 AM

I'm not too familiar with the weather in Melbourne year round. My aunt lives in Wellington and it's warm year round there and she uses her AC practically every day. I want to move somewhere where my husband will stay busy with work! Here in CT he's busy during the summer and even busier during the freezing winters. He'll be happy not having to deal with oil again that is for sure

Old 08-19-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2009 View Post
I'm not too familiar with the weather in Melbourne year round. My aunt lives in Wellington and it's warm year round there and she uses her AC practically every day. I want to move somewhere where my husband will stay busy with work! Here in CT he's busy during the summer and even busier during the freezing winters. He'll be happy not having to deal with oil again that is for sure
I beleive that it stays pretty warm all yr round in Melbourne they say that in dec, jan & feb its not as warm but alot of people use their airconditioners year round due to the humidity, so I think he will stay busy all yr round. I am so ready for some warm weather. Ohio has been so cold this year and I sooooooo don't look forward to putting winter coats on. The one comapany in Tampa, Tudi said that for a yr or so they would be extremly busy with lots of hours. My hubby on the other hand is at a sit down job now and doesn't want to go back to 100% tech, he would however consider this doing service managment or resort or somewhere in that line. Boy do I know what you mean about the oil yuck, I don't miss that. Have you tried indeed.com, its pretty great because it has lots of jobs posted from other job sites so you can kinda look thier for anywhere and what position? Just a suggesstion.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:17 AM

I've searched craiglist to see what is out there and there were many hvac tech jobs. I'll check out indeed as well. I also noticed that if you go right to the HVAC company, they have job information. My husband doesn't want to start work right away. I think he wants to get settled and explore a little first. (we are fortunate enough to have two years salary in the bank!) I also think it might be easier for him to apply when he is a Florida resident..

That is good to know about Melbourne because I would prefer to stay out of South Florida. My aunt moved to South FL 5 years ago and loves it. Everyone I know who has moved to FL from CT says they would never leave! They all love it and aren't struggling, miserable etc. (sometimes the negativity on this board can scare a person)

Time is running out because our closing is September 29th!

I hear ya about the winter coats. Yuck! I absolutely HATE the snow, slush, ice, FREEZING cold weather etc..I will take heat and humidity any day over CT winters. It sucks being cooped up indoors for so many months..

Old 08-19-2009, 02:36 PM

Thats great, you guys must be great with your money. We don't have that option but we do have some put away and if we sell our house and a tractor, and some other odds and ends, I hope that dh can at least have a week or 2 off before starting somewhere. Good luck with your closing.

Do you work outside the home? I am planning on getting my real estate license this fall and hope for a job down there. I keep telling dh lets just pack and go, lol but we still have a house to sell, quick auction if he gets something soon.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:45 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,038,517 times
Ive just retired from a great career as an HVAC Tech/Small Business Owner in Illinois. Living in northern Florida now. I think youll make a nice living in Florida as an HVAC Tech but it wont be as much as many northern States around metropolitan areas. But that said, im sure youll have a far better chance at working year round in Florida given the need for a/c for all but a couple months in Central/Southern Florida. I havent read the entire thread, but, can you do commercial as well as residential ? If so, you should have no problem providing you can find a decent Company to work for who will appreciate you . Best of luck !

Last edited by RVlover; 08-19-2009 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: added

Old 08-19-2009, 02:51 PM

Well, my husband was always good with his money. He does a lot of side jobs besides his day job and is able to save money by doing those. He saved most of it before he met me and had kids

I'm a stay at home mom and go to college full time. Real estate actually seems fun. (except when you're not selling houses, but there are probably so many people looking for rentals in FL)

Have you ever looked into Vero Beach? I was there last summer for a few days and it was really nice. My aunt bought a house there and paid $420,000 and the same houses in her community are selling for $189,000! <--- more my price range!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida