Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:25 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,306,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yes, I do, and that was my point, just in case you missed it.
I, too, reported on the news for many years, although my speciality was investigative journalism, I still write for a regional magazine.
Again, I reiterate that I was responding to a previous post, and it is not your place to correct me, you are not the journalism police.
And you are not the forum police, and certainly are not the spelling or grammar police.

The guy was writing a post in a forum, not in The New York Times or The Weekly World News or anything in-between.

Label me "impressed" with your credentials, have a good night and smile.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,334 times
There are sex offenders and then there are Sex Offenders. So what do I mean... several years ago it was difficult to get convictions for what was obvious sex offenses...it took the notority of the offenses within the church to begin to change all of that. While this was a good thing....like everything else the pendulum begins to swing completely in the other direction and over corrects. There are sex offenders who deserve that designation but many of those who have recieved that designation in the past few years perhaps is a overreaciton. It is my understanding that the designation of sex offender is something that follows that person for the rest of his/her life...with little to no opportunity to redeem themselves and loose that label.
Now don't get me wrong...there are hardened offenders out there who will likely never change...but we are labeling with a broad stroke and I fear there are a large percentage of those who 1. don't deserve the label and 2. with some help can turn themselves around...but with a life long label we have made them the new lepers.........

Old 08-24-2009, 08:27 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I was a newspaper reporter for many, many years, but that has nothing to do with this forum. Go to The National Enquirer for "yellow" journalism. Quite frankly, you should know that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Great post
This is the most wonderful thing about a forum, anyone can aspire to call themselves a "journalist".
Aint it great?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
And you are not the forum police, and certainly are not the spelling or grammar police.
Please quote me where I claimed to be???????
You are verging on the edge of a personal attck, I have corrected NO ones grammar or spelling, and would not be so arrogant as others that seek to....... well you know.......you may be casting aspersions on me that you may be guilty of..........

Last edited by kshe95girl; 08-24-2009 at 08:40 PM..

Old 08-24-2009, 08:36 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,306,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
This is the most wonderful thing about a forum, anyone can aspire to call themselves a "journalist".
Aint it great?
Or say they are from "the Pulitzer School of Journalism, University of Missouri" when it is called The Missouri School of Journalism. Nice try.

Enough. This is not on topic.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Or say they are from "the Pulitzer School of Journalism, University of Missouri" when it is called The Missouri School of Journalism. Nice try.

Enough. This is not on topic.
You brought it on, I am finishing it......
Sorry, guess I am an old beyotch, when I earned my degree, it was still called that..... Pulitzer School of Journalism, University of Missouri......
Guess it was the same thing when I earned my Masters......
Still care to declaim your point?

Last edited by kshe95girl; 08-24-2009 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: tired of beyotches!!!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,654,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Great post
Great post because he realizes you are the furthest from a journalist there could be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida