Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you ENJOY the FL 9-month summer?
Yes, I love the massive heat! 129 56.09%
No, I hate the massive heat! 101 43.91%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 04:20 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
It's still April, and has been in the 90s every day but four- five really, because it hit 100 on the 22nd (I've kept daily weather records for years. Don't ask why)-I'd say that's hot. November cool? Really? Not when I have to run my AC. To answer the OP-no, I don't enjoy one season weather, especially if that season resembles the climate of Venus.
You must have one of them special thermometers that add like 10 degrees.
St.Pete weather history shows 10 days in May that went over 90 with the high being 93.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 04:22 AM

Still only using the AC a little during the day, windows open at night.
Been beautiful weather lately.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:34 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Impressions View Post
I like it.

It keeps the whiners away.
If only that were true Florida would be an even nicer place.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:18 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
You must have one of them special thermometers that add like 10 degrees.
St.Pete weather history shows 10 days in May that went over 90 with the high being 93.
What a wit. And where was the temperature you quote taken- Albert Whitted field? That sits on the bay, my house doesn't. As you're so fond of repeating-they're islands within areas that, because of urban conditions, get warmer than others. Could my thermometer be incorrect? Sure, but not by 10 degrees. I'll install one next to it and find out.

Last edited by vaughanwilliams; 05-31-2010 at 06:30 AM..

Old 05-31-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
It's still April? - the massive heat must have made you delusional. Hasn't gotten close to 100 here in Tampa. Mostly low 90s were the highs. Nothing unbearable outside.
May-please excuse my mistake.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
What a wit. And where was the temperature you quote taken- Albert Whitted field? That sits on the bay, my house doesn't. As you're so fond of repeating-they're islands within areas that, because of urban conditions, get warmer than others. Could my thermometer be incorrect? Sure, but not by 10 degrees. I'll install one next to it and find out.
I checked a few different areas around St.Pete and the highest I found was about 93 degrees for the month.

I just find it strange that it is always the people that complain about the heat always live in a little pocket where the temp, humidity, etc are always higher than any place right around them.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:24 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
I checked a few different areas around St.Pete and the highest I found was about 93 degrees for the month.

I just find it strange that it is always the people that complain about the heat always live in a little pocket where the temp, humidity, etc are always higher than any place right around them.
Ya, like me, not by choice though.... Job=more important. But I am looking at N FL.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:00 PM

14 posts, read 70,749 times
Florida does not have a nine month summer, IMO. More like five months, which is fine by me. I like Florida summers more than Florida winters. I just played tennis for about two hours today from 2:30pm to about 4:30pm. I felt fine. And the heat index was probably around 95. Very humid. No biggie. I like when I can sweat.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:56 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviantastic View Post
Florida does not have a nine month summer, IMO. More like five months, which is fine by me. I like Florida summers more than Florida winters. I just played tennis for about two hours today from 2:30pm to about 4:30pm. I felt fine. And the heat index was probably around 95. Very humid. No biggie. I like when I can sweat.
Not down here in SWFL..... April-November.... Sometimes December. So that would be 8-9 months.

Don't even have to do anything to like to sweat, just go outside and stand there, that will do it....

Old 06-01-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Checked my thermometer with another one and checked Weather Underground for the current temp-My original one reads 1degree hotter than what W.U. is reporting for my zip code (I know how to Google, too).
I find that those who defend Florida's brutal heat and belittle those who don't appreciate 147 days of 90+ degree temperatures (which we had last year) aren't always upfront about WHY they defend all things Florida. Maybe they've got a dog in the hunt, so to speak. I've lived in Florida a LONG time and have worked hard every day since I was 15. I feel I've earned the right to b*tch about the heat and what I see as Florida's shortcomings. May not do any good, but it makes me feel better.
Anyway, I'll stick to my original readings for the 23rd, +/- a degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida