Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you ENJOY the FL 9-month summer?
Yes, I love the massive heat! 129 56.09%
No, I hate the massive heat! 101 43.91%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:12 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,581 times

Advertisements

The "9 month summer" isn't utopia, but it sure as heck beats the 7 months of winter in many other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 07:12 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,211,735 times
I Love it. I wish ti was HOT ALL YEAR. Hate Winter and Fall

Old 06-03-2010, 06:23 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
me too, me too

Old 06-03-2010, 09:15 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
Yep. Then we could grow sweetcorn year round.Nothing but summer would be fine.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:19 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
I dunno if I enjoy it... haven't had a chance to experience it. But I'll start my journey there in 36 short days! I'm sure I'll enjoy it more than the 8 months of winter I currently get.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:52 PM

17 posts, read 77,163 times
Fortunately I don't have to live through a 7 month winter. And I also don't have to live through a 9 month summer, anymore. Here in Pittsburgh we have full seasons but none are extreme. It's in the 70s or low 80s through most of summer here.

I will probably be visiting my home town of Sarasota to see friends sometime later this year. I'm hoping to do it after the hottest period of the year...maybe October.

Good for you guys who love it blazing all the time who live in FL. It's good to have what you want. What is funny...people told me as kid, when I said I wanted to live in the North, "Oh, as soon as you live through one winter up north you will come running back!"

Well, I have lived through 3 non-Florida winters, one in Nashville and two in Pittsburgh. I love the North, I am not running back. I've never liked heat or intense sun, and I love the seasons.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:38 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphioMacabre View Post
Fortunately I don't have to live through a 7 month winter. And I also don't have to live through a 9 month summer, anymore. Here in Pittsburgh we have full seasons but none are extreme. It's in the 70s or low 80s through most of summer here.

I will probably be visiting my home town of Sarasota to see friends sometime later this year. I'm hoping to do it after the hottest period of the year...maybe October.

Good for you guys who love it blazing all the time who live in FL. It's good to have what you want. What is funny...people told me as kid, when I said I wanted to live in the North, "Oh, as soon as you live through one winter up north you will come running back!"

Well, I have lived through 3 non-Florida winters, one in Nashville and two in Pittsburgh. I love the North, I am not running back. I've never liked heat or intense sun, and I love the seasons.
I'm right there with you on that. I can't wait to get back up north, unfortunately I have to deal with this place for another whole summer.... Miss my seasons. At this point I don't care if I have to move up in the dead of winter.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:22 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphioMacabre View Post

This post gives me hope because as a Fla native, ppl are ALWAYS telling me how I will never be able to handle the Winters up north and that I will certaintly regret moving after that first winter. I have wanted to move up North for 10yrs or more, I don't think I've wanted anything more(& no it's not just because of the weather). However, having never lived up North it is intimidating to constantly hear that I won't be able to handle the cold weather. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:58 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
This post gives me hope because as a Fla native, ppl are ALWAYS telling me how I will never be able to handle the Winters up north and that I will certaintly regret moving after that first winter. I have wanted to move up North for 10yrs or more, I don't think I've wanted anything more(& no it's not just because of the weather). However, having never lived up North it is intimidating to constantly hear that I won't be able to handle the cold weather. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
I think the key to enjoying it up north in the wintere is to live in a area where winter is celebrated. If you live in a area where people are skiing, snow mobiling ,ice fishing or enjoying other wintertime activities you can't help but enjoy yourself. With all the newer cold weather type clothing they have nowadays if your REALLY cold its your own fault. I had a couple friends when i lived up in N.H. who moved up from Florida and had no problem adapting. Take a trip up in Jan or Feb and dress warm. You'll have a hard time coming back here.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:20 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Everyone told me I wouldn't be able to handle the Florida heat, having lived up north my entire life. I hated the cold up there. In the fall, winter, and spring, I would be cold to the bone. To the point where I would feel like I would never be able to get warm. And still, they told me how awful it would be here.

Well, here I am, and so far so good. 91* with a good amount of humidity today, and I love it.

So, if you feel the exact opposite, and long for the cold, go for it! I don't think you'll regret it. Everyone's different. If you prefer cold, give it a shot. No one else knows you better than you know yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida