Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:42 PM

261 posts, read 702,314 times

Advertisements

I agree, stuff like the area code trend is really annoying. But, I'm always amazed at how angry people get about other people's tattoos. If you're so happy on Planet Leave it to Beaver, why do you feel the need to rattle other people's cages? Jealous because we have more fun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 04:51 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,721,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
They might be mainstream at the gas station. They certainly aren't in the board meeting room.

Are you a pirate?

You have some issue with pirates.... obsession, attraction, wanting to be one? Fetish??? Really, you need to lay off the rum. No I am not a pirate funny guy.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
They might be mainstream at the gas station. They certainly aren't in the board meeting room.

Are you a pirate?
The gas station job was when I was in college, you can read right????? 20 years ago.....

Old 10-01-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
1st thing...tattoo or not...an employee talks to me or my representative like that in my place of business, you'd no longer have a job...and it wouldn't be about the earings or the tattoos.

I have a tattoo...not something stupid like an area code.....have we established yet that this is not just a Florida thing?........and I have a successful career.

It can be and is covered during working hours. My boss's place.....my boss's rules.
I also believe that there's a time and place for everything.
Someone discriminates against me, I have the you know whats to stick up for myself. Sorry.... You people are not reading my post, I was 20 back then, you were 20 one time, and younger people tend to run thier mouths more. I would not do that today, I am mature now. BUT.... I will not be told not to do something, where another person can.... It was discrimination to me back then and would be now.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:03 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,497,515 times
I don't care for tattoos, but I could see getting my SS# or DL# tattooed someone on my body, permanently, for identification purposes.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:04 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,800,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't care for tattoos, but I could see getting my SS# or DL# tattooed someone on my body, permanently, for identification purposes.
SS# would be a better choice, DL could change if you relocate.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:05 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,591,902 times
As I said NUMBERS tatoos make me think of Hitler, the gasing of Jews, etc., etc. If you don't like that, TOUGH. I have seen and know people who had them. They actually had these people come to the schools in NY to show the children (HORRORS) what they experienced to make the future generations KNOW what can happen so it will NOT be repeated with their generation. As I said, if you have never met a person who has these and has lived through this, you are clueless.

NEVER AGAIN. If you do not know history, you are doomed to repeat it. Numbers as a tatoo are not something worth REPEATING. It is DISGUSTING.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:08 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,497,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
SS# would be a better choice, DL could change if you relocate.
Oh, you mean out of state. Didn't consider that people would. Also, if you were single and got married, the woman's number gets somehow tied to the husband's IF she changes her name. The first three digits of my wife's number changed to match my three digits.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:30 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,800,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
As I said NUMBERS tatoos make me think of Hitler, the gasing of Jews, etc., etc. If you don't like that, TOUGH. I have seen and know people who had them. They actually had these people come to the schools in NY to show the children (HORRORS) what they experienced to make the future generations KNOW what can happen so it will NOT be repeated with their generation. As I said, if you have never met a person who has these and has lived through this, you are clueless.

NEVER AGAIN. If you do not know history, you are doomed to repeat it. Numbers as a tatoo are not something worth REPEATING. It is DISGUSTING.
As much as I agree with your point, after Katrina it would have been a lot easier to identify bodies if they had SS#'s on them.

I think the difference is that people might voluntarily have their SS# inked on them, and for philosophically different reasons.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:35 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,387,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
People with visible tats (ink that can be seen while wearing professional clothing) are not professional. Do you honestly think someone in a fortune 500 company is going to hire someone with tats all the way up their arms and on their necks and stuff ?
Sure! But they're gonna get nearly decapitated by that glass ceiling!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida