Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 03:33 AM

288 posts, read 543,094 times

Advertisements

From the ads on tv, inlet harbor shows bikers inside and appears to promote biking. During bikeweek, almost all places are flooded with bikers. Also, the "oceandeck" is right on the beach next to the daytona pier and is one of the most popular bars/restaurants in daytona. They are always crowded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 11:20 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
I LOVE the Ocean Deck, thats like tthe only place I know that has decent food, appreciate all the responses!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:06 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Gotta ask, my friends are coming down for Biketoberfest, are the places mentioned biker-friendly? They are not wild, just decent Harley riding folk.
Sure .

Old 09-30-2009, 09:59 PM

288 posts, read 543,094 times
hi, i saw your post at tripadvisor. For live rock bands, also look at franks front row on seabreeze blvd. It is a very nice place

Old 10-01-2009, 06:15 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Quote:
Gotta ask, my friends are coming down for Biketoberfest, are the places mentioned biker-friendly? They are not wild, just decent Harley riding folk.

You'll do fine! We'll be over there too. I love Inlet Harbor...we usually wind down our Saturday there. It gets us away from the Main Street craziness.

Biketoberfest Daytona Beach Florida

Is the best place to get the biker friendly info.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,168,659 times
Default Steaks in Ormond/Flagler

Best Rib-Eye steak is up in Bunnell at Black Cloud.
www.theblackcloud.com

Best Filet is at Billy's Tap Room
http://www.billys-tap.com/

Old 10-01-2009, 09:06 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
got another question....... any romantic date-type restaurant recommendations?

Old 10-10-2009, 10:14 PM

501 posts, read 1,882,173 times
Arrow Get Full!

Quote:
  • My favorite restaurant in the area for food at the moment is Songkran Thai on US1 in South Daytona.
  • Caribbean Jack's has standard food (OK to excellent), but the views, atmosphere and casual live music are my favorite to enjoy the great Florida weather in Daytona Beach, day or night. Also great bar to sit, order a few and some appetizers.
  • Diamond Back's Steak House on US1 in Holly Hill is popular with the weekend Biker set and has a great outdoor patio. It's basically a Sports Bar dive, but this is my favorite place for beer, char-grilled burgers and hot wings (the best). The food is very good and is one of those places you can grab a bite after the beach in your bathing suits. Has one of the best juke boxes in Daytona area.
  • McK's Pub on Beach Street in downtown Daytona Beach has an awesome selection of brews and is great for consistent food and people watching if you get a table out front (esp. during Biketoberfest).
  • I'm not too impressed with pizza in Florida, but if you know what a real NY Slice is about, I'm now CRAZY about the plain cheese pizza at Mediterranean Cafe on Beach Street in downtown Daytona Beach. They have a great observation deck to dine upstairs and people watch. Open very late till wee hours after bar closings.
  • The best BBQ during Biketoberfest will be around Daisy Stocking Park (special vendors for the event) on Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune + MLK in Daytona Beach. HIGHLY recommend!
  • Big Kahuna Bar & Grill is on Main Street, but between A1A + the Pier. This is a little-known oasis to hide out during the insanity of Main Street events happening on the other side of A1A. Cool drinks, good food, no price gouging.
  • If you need a break from the crowds on Main Street (like 6 blocks away), there is a great Siam/Chinese dive on Peninsula Drive, just south of US92. It's across from the 7-11. Cold A/C, no crowds (most trade is take-out), great food. Love the noodles + soups. Cheap!
Quote:
  • Azure Restaurant at the Shores Resort is a top-end restaurant with outdoor oceanfront dining where you are pampered and lavished with delicious treats. Pricey, but worth every penny for the experience (when you pick a great weather evening). One of the reasons I live in Daytona Beach and Florida.
  • Grille at Riverview Hotel/Spa, New Smyrna. Sitting on the Indian River in the night sky on the outdoor terrace watching the evening boats float by. Good food, wine, service and awesome atmosphere. Moderate.
  • The Cellar Restaurant, on Magnolia off US1, Daytona Beach. Excellent, overpriced fine Italian dining but in an amazing historic house with awesome, intimate atmosphere and pampered service. World class, but expensive if ordering a la carte courses. Recommend Dinner Prix Fix menu with course selections. Or go for dessert and coffee.
  • Size up your date by both of you ordering the "all-u-can-eat" crab leg special at Charlie Horse Restaurant in Ormond Beach. Excellent, casual saloon food (and very messy pulling crab ) but lots of fun, laughs and conversation! Beer, blue jeans, juke box music and good, surly wait staff (to find your sense of humor, if you still have one).

Last edited by daytonadewd; 10-10-2009 at 11:44 PM..

Old 10-10-2009, 10:33 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,168,659 times
Quote:
Gene's Steak House
GENE'S STEAK HOUSE - Offering The Finest Specialty Fine Dining in Daytona Beach

or La Crepe
Welcome, La Crepe En Haut Restaurant, Ormond Beach, FL (http://www.lacrepeenhaut.net/ - broken link)

Old 10-11-2009, 10:31 PM

574 posts, read 2,044,955 times
You've already gotten some great ideas from other posters here. Most restaurants in the area are indeed biker friendly. After all, we are used to the biker crowd and they also have a reputation for being some of the nicest and most generous of all our tourists!

I would also like to recommend:

Webber's Steakhouse (not fancy at all, but delicious food and resasonable, very biker friendly) Its on US I in South Daytona.
The Chart House (fancy, a bit pricey, but again, yummy) on Beach Street in Daytona Beach
Stella's, on US I in New Smyrna, very good and a casual, but nice atmosphere. Prices are moderate to a bit on the higher side.

Nancy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida