Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:34 PM

52 posts, read 170,544 times

Advertisements

I would like to move to the North East coast of Florida from California. I am single and retired. I am looking for a diverse and integrated community where most people accept each other. Is this true of Palm Coast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 05:57 PM

793 posts, read 2,524,912 times
Yes, Palm Cost is a diverse area is a great destination for retirees, quick drive to Ocean, St. Augustine, Jacksonville, Orlando and all in between.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 PM

227 posts, read 856,367 times
As a resident Palm Coast is most definitely diverse.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:44 PM

Default Thanks for the information.

Palm Coast is sounding better to me all the time. How close can you get to the Ocean when buying a small house (as close to 1100 ft as I can get) for under $130,000. Also are there easy way to have access to the beach with close parking.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:03 PM

13,624 posts, read 7,936,616 times
HAHAH...Palm Coast is "diverse", that's for sure! Have fun in Palm Coast, aka Com Post.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karena View Post
Palm Coast is sounding better to me all the time. How close can you get to the Ocean when buying a small house (as close to 1100 ft as I can get) for under $130,000. Also are there easy way to have access to the beach with close parking.
We have beach parking galore with no problems except July 4th. You really should come and look around to get an idea of the set up.
Besides being in Flagler Beach, There are many PC areas close to the beach and in the price range you're wanting. There are definitely deals out there. Check this link: Florida Real Estate News Palm Coast Flagler - GoToby.com
which should help you get an idea. Check a map of PC and you'll see how close we all are to the beach. Good Luck!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:37 PM

Default Thanks again for all the encouraging words

I am planning a trip for early November.
I have look at the maps and it seems to me that there are houses near the beach but I don't see many roads accessing the beach very directly from the areas that I can afford.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:33 AM

501 posts, read 1,882,519 times
Cool Stepford Wives!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karena View Post
I would like to move to the North East coast of Florida from California. I am single and retired. I am looking for a diverse and integrated community where most people accept each other. Is this true of Palm Coast?
ABSOLUTELY NOT! (How can a place be diverse when it's ALL "white-bread?")

Palm Coast has some very nice properties to live in, but it's essentially a developer's ENORMOUS artifically created town of suburban sprawl in the middle of nowhere. It really has no heart of a real "community" and many are gated. It would be an excellent choice for a second home for winter sun, but not as a primary residence. Otherwise, it's VERY "Stepford!" Or creepy being the only house on the block in the middle of nowhere. And I'd be concerned about the local government and police, as Flagler County is pretty much hillbilly land. (Make sure you visit the county seat of Bunnell if you go there!)

Check out St. Augustine, Atlantic Beach (Jax), Gainesville and Amelia Island (Jax) instead if you want that specific area of NE Florida that has a real pulse!

What ever happened to your focus on Daytona Beach, which is also very diverse?

Last edited by daytonadewd; 10-11-2009 at 01:59 AM..

Old 10-11-2009, 09:13 AM

Default What?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonadewd View Post
ABSOLUTELY NOT! (How can a place be diverse when it's ALL "white-bread?")

Palm Coast has some very nice properties to live in, but it's essentially a developer's ENORMOUS artifically created town of suburban sprawl in the middle of nowhere. It really has no heart of a real "community" and many are gated. It would be an excellent choice for a second home for winter sun, but not as a primary residence. Otherwise, it's VERY "Stepford!" Or creepy being the only house on the block in the middle of nowhere. And I'd be concerned about the local government and police, as Flagler County is pretty much hillbilly land. (Make sure you visit the county seat of Bunnell if you go there!)

Check out St. Augustine, Atlantic Beach (Jax), Gainesville and Amelia Island (Jax) instead if you want that specific area of NE Florida that has a real pulse!

What ever happened to your focus on Daytona Beach, which is also very diverse?
You obvioiusly don't know ANYTHING about Palm Coast!!
Just another PC basher.

Speaking of PC check out CNN Heroes 2009 and see about our local Nurse Practitioner Faith Coleman who along with Dr. Canakaris started the free clinic in Flagler County. Nurses and Dr's all take the time to volunteer. That is community spirit!!

70% of Flagler County is Palm Coast. Gated communities are not the norm. Sure their here but I don't live in one. Bunnell is the county seat and check out our County Government Offices, talk about state of the art. Bunnell was/is an old country town with good areas and bad. Yes, out west is all country and plenty of people do like that.

Too bad DD you really don't know squat about Palm Coast. "White Bread" what an uninformed statement.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:31 AM

Karena, check your direct messages for answer to your beach access question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida