Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 02:09 PM

29 posts, read 31,051 times

Advertisements

Hello I was wondering if anyone can give me any information. I am looking to relocate somewhere warmer. I currently live in new england and was looking at Florida as one of my options. I am a little specific as to what i am looking for and was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction as I am unfamiliar with the territory. I am looking for:

-condos/apts (preferably condo)
-relatively cheap but still nice
-relatively close drive to airport and beach
-younger community (not retired)
-low crime rate
-some sort of night life/entertainment

I know I may be asking for too much but any info would be helpful. Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 04:50 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
There are many places in the state of Florida that would meet this criteria ; If you can give us some more specific needs , we may be able to narrow it down somewhat . Including what you need as far as employment goes, how much heat youre willing to endure, your price range for housing, etc...would be helpful.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:53 PM

Well as far as employment goes I work at the airport where I currently live so I was just hoping to transfer to a major airport in Florida, which is why I was looking for an area close to an airport. I was thinking a 25-30 minute drive tops. Does this narrow it down any or not really?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:08 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
Ever been to Florida before?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:14 PM

Ya but it was years ago? Why, you
can tell?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:18 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennacolleen View Post
Well as far as employment goes I work at the airport where I currently live so I was just hoping to transfer to a major airport in Florida, which is why I was looking for an area close to an airport. I was thinking a 25-30 minute drive tops. Does this narrow it down any or not really?
Not really cause theres lots of major airports in Florida. How cheap do u want to live, do you want to live in a big city or small city, what are your priorities in moving to a new place, have you been to Florida in the past, how do u handle extended heat and high humidity, do you want to live in a conservative area with high morals and values or a liberal area where most people live anyway they like, how close to the beaches do u want to live, are you willing to spend some time here checking out a few areas ?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:35 PM

Money wise I would say like $1k a month for a condo or apartment. A more liberal area, I would prefer the outskirts of a city...more suburban or a small city would do. Heat and humidity doesn't bother me, and like an hour drive to the beach. I wouldn't want to live too close because the closer you live the more expensive it would be. I've been to Florida before but it was years ago. And I have no problem spending time there to check out areas.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:59 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,139,627 times
Jenna Sounds like you would love it here in Tallahassee.

The state capital is liberal, and is 18 miles from the coast.

The best beach around here is about 1.5 hours away St George Island.

Definately can find a place for less than 1000 a month here.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:47 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,785,389 times
Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville. Jacksonville can get cold in the winter.

I used to live in Tampa. That city fits your criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida