Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times

Advertisements

keep posting -I have beautiful pictures of a place I wanted to live near Mayfair House/Coconut Grove in 1990; jbravo thanks for the sarcasm. You are doing well for yourself- great.

The majority of young families I see here wanting to move say- I hate the snow- want Florida. That is what I am critiquing. No need to be defensive.

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 05-08-2007 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66 View Post
The way I look at it life has it's struggles so why not struggle in Florida instead .
I love that!

We do hear a lot about the snow on the forum, but having lived in both NY and FL, I can say that even when the FL weather is not good, it beats NY.

When it is winter in NY, you have snow all the time for months...it doesn't go away. It makes it difficult to get around every day. It dries out and chaps your skin, your lips, your eyes, it hurts your nasal passages, your extremities get so cold you think your toes and fingers will fall off, if you have arthritis it can be painful all winter season long...the winters up north can really make you tired!

In FL, the bad weather breezes in and back out again.

Florida has bright blue skies, lush flora and fauna, beautiful beaches, you can get by in a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops much of the year, there are jobs to be had and homes to be bought...it's not perfect, but it's closer to perfect that a lot of other states in the union!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
The weather breezes in and out again? You, clearly have not been in a hurricane.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
The weather breezes in and out again? You, clearly have not been in a hurricane.
Been through many, but they are here and then they leave - they don't stay for 5 months straight.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Been through many, but they are here and then they leave - they don't stay for 5 months straight.

NY has 5 months of snow????????????????

are you from Buffalo? i lived there 30 years we had maybe 3 days of snow in the last 10 years.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:55 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
If someone wants to move to Florida b /c of the weather....how does this personally effect you [you is plural here] ? Why do you EVEN CARE?

Just let people live, make their mistakes, & move on.

And I've never heard anyone say they are going to move to a particular state b/c of a brochure. No need to insult people's wishes & dreams. If they fall flat on their face, what has this done to you? What if they succeed? What if they are happy?

Enough already of trying to bash people moving to or from Florida. Grow up, people. If this is the extent of what you need to do to entertain yourself, find help.

So Buffalo hasn't seen snow in 10yrs. That's straight bs. Enough said. So, besides this past winter, Buffalo hasn't seen snow in 9 yrs. Hmmm. Interesting. Medication may help.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:02 PM

So Buffalo hasn't seen snow in 10yrs...

No that is not what was said. The only area of NY that does get that much snow is usually Buffalo. NY does NOT get 5 months of winter and snowstorms. IT DOES NOT.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:04 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
A direct quote from JBravo:

"Well, as a Cuban, I feel qualified to point out a couple of errors.
1st. Most Cubans are much more highly educated than your avarage Mexican immigrant; therefore, it is their hope to return to Cuba to help the island rebuild at some point in the future. They are grateful to be here until such a time comes.
2nd. This is were you really messed up. In comparison, the avarage Mexican immigrant is here to take over your country, they call it the "reconquista" the reconquering (for real) They have no intentions of leaving. They despise you and are not grateful to be here.
For you to confuse a Cuban with a Mexican does give credit to something I've heard them say, namely that Gringos are stupid."

Welcome to Florida
JBravo is EXACTLY right!!! About Cuban's...

Old 05-08-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
NY has 5 months of snow????????????????

are you from Buffalo? i lived there 30 years we had maybe 3 days of snow in the last 10 years.
NYC....the snow just sits there in piles and it adds on and adds on. Also lived outside NYC..same deal.

Anyway, people who come to the forums sick of snow come from all parts of the country, not just NY, and they're sick of the snow. I don't blame them a bit.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:11 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
JBravo is EXACTLY right!!! About Cuban's...
Well, you keep selling your state, bubba. Americans want to move to a third-world state.

Further, JBravo doesn't actually live in Coral Gables. Not even close.

As far as weather goes, I'll see y'all in August in September.

Y'all screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida