Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2007, 09:46 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times

Advertisements

When we lived in CA if our ins co would not cover earthquakes and in our area floods you had to get that from the state When we first moved there you could get earthquake ins from the insurance co but the cost out weighed the risk.We still had the required ins for the bank. My brother just moved to SC and his INS co will not cover wind and hail so he buys that from the state since he lives right on the coast but his ins co covers everything else.When we moved to fla three years ago we had Allstate but again they wouldn't cover flood and even though we are not in a flood zone we bought it on a different policy for $200 a year. Why can't you do this in Fla get required ins for the bank and get the other hurricane,sink hole, flood through the state pool if you want. If they did this most of us could be renewed with our insurance co.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 09:31 PM

159 posts, read 655,856 times
Good question. I would bet the answer is: if you could get it from the state - like the state homeowners that you can get - the cost would be prohibitive. The state is not in the insurance business and I have read that people who have filed claims have found out the hard way. They really don't know what they are doing. Based on that, the question begs: Would you really want it?

Old 05-11-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandShark99 View Post
Good question. I would bet the answer is: if you could get it from the state - like the state homeowners that you can get - the cost would be prohibitive. The state is not in the insurance business and I have read that people who have filed claims have found out the hard way. They really don't know what they are doing. Based on that, the question begs: Would you really want it?
I would have an option then wouldn't I to either get hurricane ins or not? Just like in CA I had the option when we first moved there to get Earth Quake ins or not. I would still have home owners ins from my ins co if that was the case. The Bank never required us to have earth quake ins even though we lived cloose to three faults.Just a thought

Old 05-11-2007, 09:27 AM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,384 times
Default Sinkhole Coverage

Just posted this under another thread, but the state insurance Citizens
starting with renewals in Sept. 1st and after, will have a option on sinkhole insurance, Citizens will automatically drop sinkhole insurance in two countires
Pasco and Hernando, you will have to request it. They will only cover total collapes, not mojor cracks from sinkholes........so what's the use of having it

All other countries in Fl. are OK.........they will still have sinkhole coverage
but not Pasco and Hernando, they are the sinkhole capitol of Fl.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Just posted this under another thread, but the state insurance Citizens
starting with renewals in Sept. 1st and after, will have a option on sinkhole insurance, Citizens will automatically drop sinkhole insurance in two countires
Pasco and Hernando, you will have to request it. They will only cover total collapes, not mojor cracks from sinkholes........so what's the use of having it

All other countries in Fl. are OK.........they will still have sinkhole coverage
but not Pasco and Hernando, they are the sinkhole capitol of Fl.
I read that first post of yours and I posted that two ins co said sink hole fraud was why they would not cover Pasco county.I don't know how true that is. We have called so far 10 ins co and they will not touch us because we live in Pasco.We are on the border between Pasco and Pinellas we should have bought in Pinellas a few years back I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: