Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 10:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,830 times

Advertisements

Ok my mom owns a trailer in witch I was living in. I was paying the for every thing until a friend of mine ask me to help him and his wife with a place to stay. So I asked my mom and she said that they could stay aslong as they paid the electric bill and paid her 300 hundred a month so they did. Mine you there was never a contract writen. We live togethere for a while until I move out that's when my mom told that if they wanted to stay that they have to pay the lot, utilities, and rent. They agreed and stay living there up till now. Remember there was never a contract. Now you have some the background. The trailer park association wants them out and they do not want to get out so my question is what can I do to get them out?

Extra FAQ: when they first moved in my mom let them stay the first 2 months rent free now they haven't paid the lot or rent for last two months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
You will most probably have to go through an eviction process.

Here is a link that may explain some of the procedures.

Florida Landlord/Tenant Law Division of Consumer Services, DOACS (http://www.800helpfla.com/landlord_text.html - broken link)

Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,802 times
Youll find there WAS a contract ; a verbal one . It doesnt always have to be in writing. But if they arent paying , then its time to evict them ... which is not a quick turn-a-round thing just so youre aware. Even though this is very aggravating to you and your Mom, Id encourage you not to take the law into your own hands .

Old 11-09-2009, 07:09 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,127,192 times
Discover why the park wants them out. Take their response and hire an officer of the law such as a Sheriff to serve them an evicition notice and I would do that asap. Please they are taking advantage of your good heart and do not let anyone do that to you.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:08 PM

10 posts, read 17,285 times
some friends! theses are lessons you will encounter. do they really think that much of you? you have to ask yourself some hard questions. your family at your request helped them, they should honor you & your family and comply. in a trailer park there are rules and regulations to protect eligible tenants whom want to be in a peaceful environment. I suspect your friends do not fit the age requirements ( and or) finacial standing that the park requires. when your wrong your wrong. turn it in to a positive learning lesson. best of luck to you!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 PM

3 posts, read 9,255 times
The trailer park association may have by-laws to help facilitate. Regardless this is a standard notice to terminate lease then an eviction. You NEED someone who knows what they are doing when executing eviction. This process could cost you approx. $600. Contact me directly if you require further assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida