Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 02:35 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciano1 View Post
ok, I had an expired tag less than 60 days, and the fine online shows up as no tag???
$125 for a no tag when I have the ticket saying expired tag. I make a big difference between driving with no tag and expired tag and common sense tells me that my fine should be less. I emailed to get the right amount for this fine and never got the answer. I do have a problem paying for no tag when it was not a no tag fine !!!! Does anybody knows where I can get the info how much is charged for an expired tag in Miami Dade county?
Call them or go in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 09:50 PM

515 posts, read 1,347,433 times
"No Tag" and "Expired Tag" are both non moving violations. The fine for both of them is the same. There's a difference between a citation written for "No Tag" and a citation written for "Operating an Unregistered Vehicle." "No Tag" means that you just don't have a tag on your car but one is assigned. "Operating an Unregistered Vehicle" means that not only is there no tag on the car, but it's also not registered. That's a criminal violation and carries a much larger fine and the possibility of more severe penalties as well.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 4,424 times
Angry Arrested for Expired Registration

I live in New York State. Last night at 11 pm, my husband and I were stopped by State police at the exit to the Thruway, for no reason. We were not speeding and lived just 3 miles away. When they ran the plates and license, they found that the registration had expired 6 Weeks ago and that my husband's license had been suspended because of the late registration. We had no knowledge of either situation, and had not received notification of either one. The police then arrested my husband and took him to the State police station. They impounded the car and left me by the side of the road. It was 11 degrees and by then 11:30 at night. The police said to call a friend or a cab.
I did but it took a while for them to get there. It cost $142 to bail him out and I finally got him released at 4:30 in the morning. Now he has to appear in court and pay fines.
Is this legal? Why not just give us a fine? Why jail? Why leave me by the side of the road? I am 5'1' and 98 lbs. Does this make sense? Why couldn't they have given me a ride home or to the station?
Any information would be helpful. Thank you

Old 03-01-2014, 10:16 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bundaloo View Post
I live in New York State. Last night at 11 pm, my husband and I were stopped by State police at the exit to the Thruway, for no reason. We were not speeding and lived just 3 miles away. When they ran the plates and license, they found that the registration had expired 6 Weeks ago and that my husband's license had been suspended because of the late registration. We had no knowledge of either situation, and had not received notification of either one. The police then arrested my husband and took him to the State police station. They impounded the car and left me by the side of the road. It was 11 degrees and by then 11:30 at night. The police said to call a friend or a cab.
I did but it took a while for them to get there. It cost $142 to bail him out and I finally got him released at 4:30 in the morning. Now he has to appear in court and pay fines.
Is this legal? Why not just give us a fine? Why jail? Why leave me by the side of the road? I am 5'1' and 98 lbs. Does this make sense? Why couldn't they have given me a ride home or to the station?
I assume since you said it was 11 degrees that this didn't happen in Florida?

You're on the Florida forum.

Start here:

http://dmv.ny.gov/sites/default/file...broch/c-12.pdf

Old 03-04-2014, 05:27 PM

168 posts, read 394,483 times
Default Giuliani

I don't live in NY but if I was in this situation I'd track down Rudy Giuliani. Surely he should be able to direct you to someone who makes sense to handle this. How terrible!

Quote:

Old 03-04-2014, 09:30 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaherbgirl View Post
I don't live in NY but if I was in this situation I'd track down Rudy Giuliani. Surely he should be able to direct you to someone who makes sense to handle this. How terrible!
Giuliani was the one who started putting people through the system for traffic violations, in nj you would get a ticket in NYC you get handcuffs. It started with the quality of life initiative, expired tags, no insurance, suspended license, you will get taken through the system, you are actually lucky they let him bail out, often you have to spend the night in central bookings until you see a judge so he can give you a $20 fine

Old 06-25-2014, 09:16 AM

7 posts, read 14,438 times
Red face Screwed?

I lived in Florida for a while, but moved to Texas in 2010. The week of the moved, I got pulled over on a seat belt check and issued a ticket. In the move, lost the ticket, and never registered my vehicles or got a Texas license. A month later, I was informed by mail that my license was suspended (?) because I didn't pay the fine by mail or appearance. A few months later, my license and registration totally expired. I paid the fine on my license and got a letter stating as much, but still didn't register my vehicles in Texas or get a new Texas license, because I just didn't need to drive anywhere, and my cars were on private property - not out on the street. Now in 2014, I have moved back to Florida. My vehicles were transported from Texas to Florida, and they are both back to running condition. I still have my expired Florida registrations, license and my Florida titles, but I need to drive. What's it going to take to get these cars back on the road, and myself legally able to drive again? I have already secured Florida car insurance. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 07-09-2014, 06:17 PM

7 posts, read 14,438 times
Default Forget I asked...

Obviously, it's just much harder to deal with the DMV in Texas than it is in Florida. Had my son take me to the local DMV at about 11:00am...short line to get a position ticket, go sit down for about 30 minutes until my number was called. Took care of DL renewal, change of address, registered to vote, got registration for two cars, and the whole process was taken care of in about an hour! In Texas this would've been an all day exercise, going between at least two different sites, dealing with different people for every transaction.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:09 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Isn't registration by month of birth for all States and this is something that happens annually so you could and should have known. Ignorance is unfortunately not a defense. Most people in the same situation will say the same and if you caused an accident do you realize what the consequences can be. I'm not sorry. Billions of people have to renew their registration and the majority does it without any delay.
Quote:

Old 09-13-2014, 04:56 PM

3 posts, read 7,989 times
Default Arrested for expired tag less the six months

Sorry its so long,but its a true story

Friday September 5 2014 I was pulled over by for an expired tag. Officer asked me for my drivers license, registration and insurance which I provided. I told the officer that I was on my way to pick up my 5 year old grandson from daycare I have custody of this little guy. Officer went back to his patrol car to I assume write a ticket. Officer came back to my truck and told me that he could arrest me for driving on an expired tag to which I disagreed. I told the officer again that I had to pick up my grandson, he told me I was not going anywhere he seemed to get upset with me for questioning his authority . Just about that time a state trooper pulled up and walked along the passenger side of my truck with his hand on his gun. Now I was no threat to these officer's I had no firearms in the truck but the whole time these guys were trying to intimidate me with there gestapo like tactic’s and I really felt scared for my safety (that is so screwed up that I have to worry about my safety in the presence of two officers of the law). As officer and I were discussing the ticket officer started sniffing around my window and said I smell weed. At this point I'm getting very agitated and I said to officer “you smell weed, well if you smell weed why dont I get out of my truck so you can search it”.

Now why would he say such a thing did he have a small amount of weed he was going to plant in my vehicle and set me up or to goad me into a confrontation why would he make that kind of accusation and not follow up. At this point I was very worried that something was going to happen to me. Once again I told these to officers that I had to pick up my grandson from daycare to which officer said that if I pulled away that the trooper would pull me over and arrest me they both walked to the back of my truck and waited to see what I would do. Now I'm panicked about my grandson getting picked up, I am his sole guardian. I got out of my truck and walked to the rear, as I did these two guys scared the crap out of me with there defensive stance hands on there guns all puffed up as if they were going to attack me. I put my hands up and told them I was no threat and that I wanted to talk to them. Officer said if you say one more word you are going to jail, TO JAIL. I said what for and he said turn around your under arrest I said wait what in disbelief . These guys screamed at the top of there lungs TURN AROUND, I turned around and put my hands behind my back.

Now I have to say officer grabbed my left hand and cuffed me as I would expect any officer to do in this situation, but the trooper grabbed my right hand and jacked my arm up with force enough to hurt my bad shoulder. I was not resisting I obeyed there commands. So after I was arrested and placed in the back of the squad car I pleaded with officer to please call my grandsons daycare center and tell them I would be late. He did and told them I was under arrest and that I would not be there to pick him up. Another Police officer pulled up and after much discussion and debate which involved the big blue play book that the other officer pulled out and fumbled through officer had changed his whole demeanor poked his head into the car and said were gonna cut you a break. Hmmm cut me a break, well why did he feel so generous as to cut me a break? Officer opened the rear drivers side door so he could take my cuffs off so I could get out of the car, and when I did the other officer told me that officer had every right to detain me. Officer arrested me he did not detain me, he humiliated me and embarrassed me with my grandsons day care center. Officer looks very young to me, maybe fresh out of the academy and if that’s the case maybe he should not enforce the law if he does not know the law. So after they got me out of the car they took the original ticket and wrote me a different ticket. and said your free to go, your free to travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida