Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 08:08 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,198,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Ronald Cummings was born here. If you read my post I said the Anthonys weren' t white trash. They have a sociopath as a daughter, but their home was very middle class in a nice area.

You seem to think the only problems that occur here are due to transplants, yet you ignore that natives like the Cummings and people like them.

Take a look at Polk County, mostly all natives and is full of meth labs and lots of lowlifes.

I use the term "white trash'' because that is what they are, I am not excusing the crimes you mentioned. BTW the blacks and hispanics you mentioned could be from here.

Look at St. Pete most of the crime is done by young black men born and raised in South St. Pete.

Your problem is you blame all the crime here on non-natives, and that simply isn't true.
True Ronald Cummings was born in FL. Mysty Croslin, Ronald's g/f, you know the one that was watching Haliegh and was the last one to see her alive the night she disappeared, is from MI.

As for the Anthony mother (b. in Ohio) not being white trash, I think some FL State prosecutors in the very near future are going to prove otherwise.

Most all the crime in Polk is being committed by natives? I find that hard to believe considering recent U.S. census counts have shown that roughly 30% of all FL residents were actually born here and the fact that in the last 25 years FL's population doubled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 08:11 AM

1,141 posts, read 3,545,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofykid View Post
Thanlfully you don't speak for evry Floridian. I just hope than people from other states look at your comments and think all Floridians are like that.
You know what's hysterical about this person's post that you responded to?????? Is the true deep South residents do not consider Florida as a part of the South. It is indeed located South in our countries borders, but it is not considered part of the South by any means. And Southerners dislike Floridians as much as they dislike people from the North. I'm not saying they all are like this, but for the ones who dislike yankees they pretty much dislike Floridians as well.

I think most people from other states would look at that person's post and ignore it. But you were sweet to reply as you did to them.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 AM

976 posts, read 1,111,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
Well I would say it would matter on what city. Orlando...ok people were rude to you....what NC town/city was so great? Are we comparing size of city with the amount of people? Are you comparing traffic in cities the same size?
Be careful here, because I drive in Charlottes rush hour everyday. If you are comparing Orlando to Raleigh...don't even bother.

See I think your points need to be clarified, because Charlotte is full of nothing but rude/rushing/me me me people. I don't know where they all are from, but their license plates say NC. Even when they drive here to SC, they drive like bats out of H*** you can spot them a mile away. My little town in SC, is not like that at all. And people are kind.

NC is the most tax happy state around, with another tax increase going into affect 1-1-2010. Sales tax in Charlotte will be 8.5 %

Anyway, as far as I experience every single day in Charlotte, people are rude, horrible drivers (I-77 and or I-85 shuts down N or S at least once a week) I used to drive I-77 from beginning to end all the time(Ohio to SC) , I've never seen it close down due to accidents every week except in one place Charlotte metro.

You'll never convince me ever that people are wonderful in NC, ever. They are ok, no better no worse than others in big cities.

Within 24 hours of my living here I was treated extremely rude by:

1. Convenience store clerk because I asked for a different product than she handed me. Didn't get mad it's not my style, but did as for the proper thing, which she threw on the counter, based on her style of dilect she was a Southerner. I'm originally from a small farm town in the Midwest, she got no attitude from me, no fast talking nothing. She got a polite person that asked for something that's all. These stories are NUMEROUS..why? because they dislike "Yankees"

2. I st interview was 12 hours after I moved to NC with Charlotte metro school board, I can not even tell you what happened at that interview.
But suffice to say, I was appalled.

So those above 2 incidents were within 12 hours of living in NC. It foretold of things to come, oh yes it did..

3. another interview and with a Logistics provider says to me " Yall talk funny" Not only is that rude, it is against the law. Small town on the outskirts of Charlotte

When I ask people here why they are moving back home/ or somewhere else, they pretty much say, it's the way they were made to feel from being from another place. Yep, see it everyday, hear it everyday. (see my next door neighbor if you want to hear everyone on your street called stupid yankee)
I know Charlotte is different than most of NC, I understand that. Charlotte is filled with NY'ers, NJ'ians, so I know how frustrating it can be to drive there - just look at Florida. You can consider Florida as being one big Charlotte in that aspect. But the rest of NC is not like ehat you encounter in Charlotte. And btw, I still think Charlotte is far more friendly than large FL cities. You wanna see terrible drivers and road rage, worse than CLT, visit Miami, Tampa, and Orlando.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
You know what's hysterical about this person's post that you responded to?????? Is the true deep South residents do not consider Florida as a part of the South. It is indeed located South in our countries borders, but it is not considered part of the South by any means. And Southerners dislike Floridians as much as they dislike people from the North. I'm not saying they all are like this, but for the ones who dislike yankees they pretty much dislike Floridians as well.

I think most people from other states would look at that person's post and ignore it. But you were sweet to reply as you did to them.
Many up there do dislike Floridians, and it's not because of the native Floridians, it's because the halfbacks go up there and do the same things they do down here in FL. Same people, same attitude, just different location. There is a big difference between Florida natives and many Florida "residents." But when visiting other states (and moving there), all they see if the FL tag, but dont even realize that 75% of the people moving to NC are from up north anyhow. Then, they hear the hens clucking about this, about that, and how they did it back home, blah blah blah, and even though they moved up there from "Flahrida" - they are clearly not natives. I'm a native, some of my family member in NC are natives, and get along with the folks up there very well. They wouldnt even know where thry are from because they dont make it a point to say, "well in Florida, this is how we do things." It's all about fitting in and treating people they way you want to be treated. Most native Floridians that left FL for NC dont have any problems, it's the one standing at the cash register cursing because his expired coupon wasnt accepted that stands out, which is usually accompanied by a northern accent. I'm not trying to step on any toes or tick anyone off, I'm just telling it like I see it. I've lived up there, and I saw it a lot.

Last edited by Trusses; 08-09-2009 at 08:39 AM..

Old 08-09-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
True Ronald Cummings was born in FL. Mysty Croslin, Ronald's g/f, you know the one that was watching Haliegh and was the last one to see her alive the night she disappeared, is from MI.

As for the Anthony mother (b. in Ohio) not being white trash, I think some FL State prosecutors in the very near future are going to prove otherwise.

Most all the crime in Polk is being committed by natives? I find that hard to believe considering recent U.S. census counts have shown that roughly 30% of all FL residents were actually born here and the fact that in the last 25 years FL's population doubled.
Lol, I know. It's all FL white natives' fault. All the crime. Didnt you know? 1/3 of FL residents are actually FL natives, and with all of FL's crime, it's gotta be us right? BTW, look up the crime states by race/ethnicity, I'm not gonna post what they are, but I know what they are. And by looking at those numbers, it is very clear that crime committed by "whites" are nowhere near the amount of crimes committed by other races.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Well I would say it would matter on what city. Orlando...ok people were rude to you....what NC town/city was so great? Are we comparing size of city with the amount of people? Are you comparing traffic in cities the same size?
Be careful here, because I drive in Charlottes rush hour everyday. If you are comparing Orlando to Raleigh...don't even bother.

See I think your points need to be clarified, because Charlotte is full of nothing but rude/rushing/me me me people. I don't know where they all are from, but their license plates say NC. Even when they drive here to SC, they drive like bats out of H*** you can spot them a mile away. My little town in SC, is not like that at all. And people are kind.

NC is the most tax happy state around, with another tax increase going into affect 1-1-2010. Sales tax in Charlotte will be 8.5 %

Anyway, as far as I experience every single day in Charlotte, people are rude, horrible drivers (I-77 and or I-85 shuts down N or S at least once a week) I used to drive I-77 from beginning to end all the time(Ohio to SC) , I've never seen it close down due to accidents every week except in one place Charlotte metro.

You'll never convince me ever that people are wonderful in NC, ever. They are ok, no better no worse than others in big cities.

1. Convenience store clerk because I asked for a different product than she handed me. Didn't get mad it's not my style, but did as for the proper thing, which she threw on the counter, based on her style of dilect she was a Southerner. I'm originally from a small farm town in the Midwest, she got no attitude from me, no fast talking nothing. She got a polite person that asked for something that's all. These stories are NUMEROUS..why? because they dislike "Yankees"

2. I st interview was 12 hours after I moved to NC with Charlotte metro school board, I can not even tell you what happened at that interview.

So those above 2 incidents were within 12 hours of living in NC. It foretold of things to come, oh yes it did..

3. another interview and with a Logistics provider says to me " Yall talk funny" Not only is that rude, it is against the law. Small town on the outskirts of Charlotte

When I ask people here why they are moving back home/ or somewhere else, they pretty much say, it's the way they were made to feel from being from another place. Yep, see it everyday, hear it everyday. (see my next door neighbor if you want to hear everyone on your street called stupid yankee)
That's an easy day by FL standards, lol. Sorry!

Try getting cursed at and have the F word screamed at you by a foreigner for coming to a complete stop at a stop sign in my own subdivision -yes, in my own subdivision where the speed limit is 25MPH. I was verbally lashed out at and even the F word was thrown at me because I was being a normal citizen and stopped at a 4-way stop like a normal person. When that happens to you, come talk to me about rudeness.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:14 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,198,453 times
Quote:

There's a certain element of truth to what you say but it mainly applys to GA vs. FL residents. To me the only thing worse than a smart-mouth Ny'er is a Georgia native, I have no use for them either. On the other hand I've met a lot of fine people from Alabama and Tennessee.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:23 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,400,375 times
Quote:

I don't think people in Orlando are that rude, except on the roads. Sorry Trusses, maybe in your neighborhood they are, but maybe also you have different expectations of what "rude" is than others do? I guess I just don't expect everyone to be super-friendly. But if someone's hostile, or passive-aggressive, then I mind it a lot.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:00 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin;
You don't see "white trash" like this in such abundance as you do in other states.

You must not be very travelled outside the major cities of other states.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:53 AM

I started a "Who has the friendlier residents, FL or NC?" thread on the City vs City forum. I'd like to know what others think. I'll keep up with it so see who gets the win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida