Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 05:56 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCali View Post
And I thought I was the only one who felt exactly like that...:-) The Emporer has no clothes on, (It's too hot) I recognized it and was lucky to sell my house, and then say goodbye after only two years and have never looked back. I could add more to your list, but that would be beating a dead horse!
Ya but then she came back to Florida and talked doo doo about NH for weeks on end until she was shut out of CD...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 06:17 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Ya but then she came back to Florida and talked doo doo about NH for weeks on end until she was shut out of CD...
Meanwhile people cheered her on (now that she was on the "I love FLA!!!!" side of the discussion) while telling others that they don't like Florida because they're just "generally miserable people", all the while giving this one a pass after proving that she was unhappy whereever she was.....

Never made sense to me....

Old 08-18-2009, 06:41 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Immigrants are leaving too and are probably leaving in larger numbers than any segment of the population right now. Are immigrants leaving because of the immigrants?

Whoa whoa whoa.... slow down! You're injecting waaaay too much nuance, reason, and detail into what has turned out to be a very typical, superficial discussion.

Please don't let it happen again!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:20 AM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
Nope, I don't use drugs. I grew up in a country where they taught me drugs were bad for you, unlike here where they're consider "cool"

By the way, this is not to far fetched. Look at your own screen name and Trusses already joined us with her "en espanol" signature, and she lives in Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I moved out of southwest Florida due to rude people.

The schools were probably my first reason, but the rude people were a second runner up. After ten years of putting up with pushing, shoving, grunting, swearing, people cutting you off in the stores and on the streets and nastiness, we chose to move.

Someone once said on this forum that rudeness shouldn't matter. Wherever you are you have to get up go to work, come home and go to sleep. I felt badly for that woman and I hope she learned that there is so much more to life.

Driving to work and having people let you into traffic, stopping on the way home and chatting with the cashier, calling the local utility and having them be polite is a phenomenal thing. I hope that each and every one of you can experience it on a daily basis for an extended period of time.
Bingo. Compelled, if people feel like they have to be around, drive around, work around rude people aka "a$$ hole$" then people will move because of it. I can take the heat and the traffic here in Orlando, but I cant take the people. I dont know how many Floridians I've met in NC that left due to the "people" that have moved into FL, especially in recent yrs. I think the housing boom brought a lot of bad apples, I really do.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:27 AM

I wonder when the S FL lovers on this board will actually say, "you know what, the people here are pretty damn rude, and they do drive like idiots." It's always the ol' sweep the problems under the rug and say things about other states (NC, SC, TN) that dont make any sense to get off the discussion and focus on something different.

Ex: I live in S FL and this rude person at Winn Dixie pushed my cart out of the way and cursed at me because I was in his way... that gets a "That wouldnt happen in NC because everyone speaks English and there are no rude people there" comment on this forum. Sweeping the problem under the rug and refocusing attention on something different.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:46 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
I wonder when the S FL lovers on this board will actually say, "you know what, the people here are pretty damn rude, and they do drive like idiots." It's always the ol' sweep the problems under the rug and say things about other states (NC, SC, TN) that dont make any sense to get off the discussion and focus on something different.

Ex: I live in S FL and this rude person at Winn Dixie pushed my cart out of the way and cursed at me because I was in his way... that gets a "That wouldnt happen in NC because everyone speaks English and there are no rude people there" comment on this forum. Sweeping the problem under the rug and refocusing attention on something different.
Well, let me say there are very rude people in NC as well as everywhere.We were with dh in GA and I must tell you there were alot of rude people there too but doesnt make GA or NC a bad place..and.actually SC people are very nice and again growing up in NYC, almost everyone was rude...dont get me wrong alot of NYker's are very nice too, but like everything else everyone starts in a place and winds up in a different place...with that being said, people run and run and run and u know what? so do the rude people...I dont care where u go in this country every place has their fair share of rude people that is just life....Im from NY and Im very nice and couldnt even think of being rude...I look at it this way, rude people are everywhere and either one chooses to live with it and go about their lives and realizes there are nice people too, or Leave...this just isnt a florida thing...I have met some rude people here but they dont affect my life, and I go on about my day and shake my head but the fact that you cant Escape it. Ive lived in so many places and every place Ive lived I've encountered people that were rude...I dont find it necessary, however it is what it is...

the problem with people in general is they think that the grass is greener on the other side and as Ive always said, its not better just different....once a place gets populated it will change....so I guess eventually one has to stop running....Im not here that long, but I like where I live, I like my neighbors, I love my location, and well I only assiociate myself with nice and kind people, and the rude ones well whatever is what I say.....

Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Fear of Crazy Old People?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:45 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
It's always the ol' sweep the problems under the rug and say things about other states (NC, SC, TN) that dont make any sense to get off the discussion and focus on something different.
So tell us, what do you suggest to fix this problem instead of "sweep it under the rug?" Join you with every single negative encounter we have in S Florida? Ok fine, let me tell you that I had bad encounters with natives and non-natives, including being called racial slurs by these nice native Floridians that are apparently leaving Florida, some when I was still a kid by adults. I wasn't being rude to them or speaking Spanish by the way before you come to that conclusion. These were just mean spirited people, that doesn't make everyone in South Florida rude.

Have you heard of "tunnel vision?" How many times have you gone to Winn Dixie and not experienced "rude people?" You are extremely but extremely naive if you think there is a place in this planet where you not gonna meet rude people. Yes in some areas of this country people say hi to you when they don't know you. It's not because they are nice people, it's the way they were brought up. Once you get to know them you will see some of them are not that nice, they were just automatically programmed to say hi to everyone. It's called culture.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
Well, let me say there are very rude people in NC as well as everywhere.We were with dh in GA and I must tell you there were alot of rude people there too but doesnt make GA or NC a bad place..and.actually SC people are very nice and again growing up in NYC, almost everyone was rude...dont get me wrong alot of NYker's are very nice too, but like everything else everyone starts in a place and winds up in a different place...with that being said, people run and run and run and u know what? so do the rude people...I dont care where u go in this country every place has their fair share of rude people that is just life....Im from NY and Im very nice and couldnt even think of being rude...I look at it this way, rude people are everywhere and either one chooses to live with it and go about their lives and realizes there are nice people too, or Leave...this just isnt a florida thing...I have met some rude people here but they dont affect my life, and I go on about my day and shake my head but the fact that you cant Escape it. Ive lived in so many places and every place Ive lived I've encountered people that were rude...I dont find it necessary, however it is what it is...

the problem with people in general is they think that the grass is greener on the other side and as Ive always said, its not better just different....once a place gets populated it will change....so I guess eventually one has to stop running....Im not here that long, but I like where I live, I like my neighbors, I love my location, and well I only assiociate myself with nice and kind people, and the rude ones well whatever is what I say.....
Charlotte is different. I'm sure there are plenty of rude people in CLT, but it's a far cry from the rest of NC.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
So tell us, what do you suggest to fix this problem instead of "sweep it under the rug?" Join you with every single negative encounter we have in S Florida? Ok fine, let me tell you that I had bad encounters with natives and non-natives, including being called racial slurs by these nice native Floridians that are apparently leaving Florida, some when I was still a kid by adults. I wasn't being rude to them or speaking Spanish by the way before you come to that conclusion. These were just mean spirited people, that doesn't make everyone in South Florida rude.

Have you heard of "tunnel vision?" How many times have you gone to Winn Dixie and not experienced "rude people?" You are extremely but extremely naive if you think there is a place in this planet where you not gonna meet rude people. Yes in some areas of this country people say hi to you when they don't know you. It's not because they are nice people, it's the way they were brought up. Once you get to know them you will see some of them are not that nice, they were just automatically programmed to say hi to everyone. It's called culture.
I never said there arent rude people everywhere, of course there are. But I think FL, especially S FL has a lot more than most places. Part of it is bitterness because I used to love FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida