Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 06:46 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,033,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Always know that when someone is like that it is because they have low self-esteem. Really, they think they are below you. They feel threatened.
I know, those people are one in a million. Most people are normal, and then you have another group that are exceptionally good people. I met some anglos & blacks that went out of the way to help me unselfishly. I never forget that. Those are the ones that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 07:03 PM

976 posts, read 1,101,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Developer View Post
Thanks for being so honest and truthful. Is there any way to stop this migration you speak of? If it is not too late, please consider bypassing Orlando. The disney crowd speaks enough non-English languages.
While in S FL today (west of Miami), I attempted to order lunch but the employee did not understand me and had to summon a fellow employee to translate. WTF??
Orlando's already there.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:09 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,726,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
Orlando's already there.
And here in SWFL too...

Old 08-18-2009, 09:00 PM

228 posts, read 533,560 times
Quote:
Orlando's already there.
I know. I live in the "country," as they call it, so I'm not exposed to it everyday.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:25 PM

The "country" in the Orlando suburbs? Where are you?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:14 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,791,139 times
Quote:
LOL, more sweeping it under the rug I see... there are Winn Dixie's up there actually. And Publix too. Hey Compelled, also curious if you saw my post about my recent trip in NC last week. I posted about it in another thread when speaking with Ngrome...

"Ngrome, I was up in Asheville NC last week. Didnt see any bad drivers at all.

Anyhow, I was at the Greenville airport flying back home the other day, and after seeing very normal and courteous driving the entire week there, as we approached the airport, we saw a van driving through the grass median (that's nicely landscaped) as the driver of the van apparently missed a turn and decided to use the pretty landscpaing as a place to u-turn. We were shocked. Then we saw the plate - FL." ---->>> Just a coincidence????? Everyone was driving very well and nothing crazy or rude and then all of a sudden, as we approach the airport, we see this? And the plate? All a coincidence?
All I know is if you can get that worked up over that little post, I think I might understand why all of the big bad New Yorkers are rude to you, lol. You should probably write promotional brochures for Asheville.

And since when was there Publix in NC? I know there are a couple in TN and they pretty much took over Atlanta. Winn-Dixie doesn't exist much anywhere anymore. I thought you would know since you lived up there.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:20 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,791,139 times
Quote:
The "country" in the Orlando suburbs? Where are you?
Even Orange County still has the northwest section...you know, like Zellwood, Tangerine, the back sections of Apopka, etc...just by you there's Bithlo, Christmas, etc...you ought to take a trip out to Lake Pickett Downs in Chuluota some day, only 20 minutes from Waterford...and of course there is most of Lake and Polk County. Parts of Seminole County too, like pretty much most of the eastern section of it. Check out beautiful Mullet Lake Park out in Geneva.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 AM

228 posts, read 533,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Even Orange County still has the northwest section...you know, like Zellwood, Tangerine, the back sections of Apopka, etc...just by you there's Bithlo, Christmas, etc...you ought to take a trip out to Lake Pickett Downs in Chuluota some day, only 20 minutes from Waterford...and of course there is most of Lake and Polk County. Parts of Seminole County too, like pretty much most of the eastern section of it. Check out beautiful Mullet Lake Park out in Geneva.
Ssshhhh......you are revealing central florida best kept secrets.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
All I know is if you can get that worked up over that little post, I think I might understand why all of the big bad New Yorkers are rude to you, lol. I get worked up when I see the same "sweep it under the rug and talk about NC to divert the problems/attention away from the subject at hand "You should probably write promotional brochures for Asheville.

And since when was there Publix in NC? I know there are a couple in TN and they pretty much took over Atlanta. Winn-Dixie doesn't exist much anywhere anymore. I thought you would know since you lived up there.
Winn Dixies pretty much dont exist? I was at one yesterday. It's right by my house.

Hey, did you read my post about what happened at the Greenville airport? Or did you bypass that with your brochure Asheville comment?

And btw, not to change the subject, but it kinda goes hand in hand.... today I was on the 408 - my first day back in Orlando where I was actually driving on a major road/highway. Anyway, I'm in the middle lane - not the right lane or he left lane - the middle lane. Anyhow, there's a lady behind me and she's frustrated (I can tell) because traffic is going slower than she wants it to go. So anyway, I have someone in front of me, so it's not like I am holding anyone up - plus I'm in the middle lane not the left lane. Anyhow, she passes me on the right and curses at me. I swear to God she cursed at me FOR NO REASON. She said somethin like "Get the F*** outta my way" or something similar. There was definitely a long stare from her and an F word thrown at me. And I did nothing at all wrong. IT AMAZES ME. I just got back from Asheville so as you can imagine, I was just reminded I wasnt in Asheville anymore.

Last edited by Trusses; 08-20-2009 at 02:20 PM..

Old 08-20-2009, 02:32 PM

17,455 posts, read 38,845,424 times
Quote:
Winn Dixies pretty much dont exist? I was at one yesterday. It's right by my house.

Hey, did you read my post about what happened at the Greenville airport? Or did you bypass that with your brochure Asheville comment?

And btw, not to change the subject, but it kinda goes hand in hand.... today I was on the 408 - my first day back in Orlando where I was actually driving on a major road/highway. Anyway, I'm in the middle lane - not the right lane or he left lane - the middle lane. Anyhow, there's a lady behind me and she's frustrated (I can tell) because traffic is going slower than she wants it to go. So anyway, I have someone in front of me, so it's not like I am holding anyone up - plus I'm in the middle lane not the left lane. Anyhow, she passes me on the right and curses at me. I swear to God she cursed at me FOR NO REASON. She said somethin like "Get the F*** outta my way" or something similar. There was definitely a long stare from her and an F word thrown at me. And I did nothing at all wrong. IT AMAZES ME. I just got back from Asheville so as you can imagine, I was just reminded I wasnt in Asheville anymore.
Reading these forums, it comes up over and over again about the rudeness in Orlando and Miami. Now, I haven't lived in those cities, so I can't speak from experience; however it is NOT this way all over Florida! Yes, Asheville is very nice for the most part, but it is just as nice here in Sarasota, and also Lakeland where we lived for awhile. I Just do not run into much rudeness at all - at least while there are at least SOME rude people everywhere, it's not really the norm in many Florida cities and towns, but some people make it sound like it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida