Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian of The Gulf View Post
Actually I posted the crime statistic for 2008 and North Carolina was MORE dangerous than Florida, so if you think Florida is that bad for crime what are you gonna do in North Carolina.

And All of those problems are found in ABUNDANCE in NC and GA as well so if you really dislike Florida I would advise moving to the Northeast or Midwest.
I was just in Asheville NC all week. Watched the news each night. Never saw anything about murders, rapes, etc. Maybe you are talking about Charlotte and Atlanta when you are referring to GA and NC. I am almost always referring to the Asheville region when I speak of NC.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 419gottaminute View Post
North East Georgia Mountains!

On my way there on the 16th.

Got my transfer.

Will be moving there this summer.

Can't wait...

Congrats! Good choice!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:13 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Congrats! Good choice!

O-YEAH...
I'm like you, would love to be in or around Ashville, but the company I work for isn't in North Carolina, Yet............

But when they are I'm there...

Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
Greenville, SC....... If I have to deal with this next springsummersummer, then it will be my last.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Greenville, SC....... If I have to deal with this next springsummersummer, then it will be my last.
Hey Chris,

I was just in Greenville last week. Yup, it was cold (30's), but yup, it's still awesome! And still cant get over how friendly everyone is...

Go to the Greenville forum, "OrlandoYankee" just got back from Greenville and talked about his trip and how awesome and friendly the people are...

Old 01-07-2010, 12:32 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Just like one of those movies that starts with the ending. I'm going back to N.H.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:55 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
I would KILL to be in NEW JERSEY rather than here. Ok, all you transplanted New Jersey people have fun with that, especially since I'm a New Yorker.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:15 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I was just in Asheville NC all week. Watched the news each night. Never saw anything about murders, rapes, etc. Maybe you are talking about Charlotte and Atlanta when you are referring to GA and NC. I am almost always referring to the Asheville region when I speak of NC.
Asheville's population is about 80k. 80k, and not a part of a major metro (like the 5 million or so South Florida metro, or the millions that comprise the Orlando-Tampa metro. Why on earth are you surprised you didn't see "anything about murders, rapes, etc.?"

For its size though, Asheville's murder rate is 1.5x the national average(By comparison, even WPB, with its bad "northside" ghetto is only .5% greater than Asheville).

Asheville is also on par with the national average for violent crime, 2.3x greater than average for arsons, and on par for rapes. There are cities of greater or comparable population in Florida with less crime rate.

And of course, it's fine to say you're "always talking about the Asheville region" when you speak of NC, but realize that's about as useful as someone always talking about life in Tallahassee when someone talks about living in Florida.

Just like Florida, NC is a big state.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:36 PM

Crime is everywhere. I wasnt suprised to see nothing about rapes/murders/etc when in Asheville. I completely understand the population differences, and how that impacts the crime stats. I went to college for 6 yrs - I took plenty of stats classes. Another poster, when talking about crime, said, "why would you want to move to NC or GA?" indicating to all of us that the crime is just as bad there as it is in FL. Thus, my response. The crime might be bad in NC or GA - if you are referring to cities like Atlanta and Charlotte. But where I used to live, Asheville, there is not much crime and I know crime really isnt an issue. I lived there for 10 yrs and cant even remember anyone talking about a crime problem. In FL, you have larger cities with more crime. Charlotte is as bad as it gets in NC. And I know it has crime and gang problems, but I also know where those areas are. It's not as widespread as it is in much of FL.

Ask the people on the Asheville forum, those from S FL, if they think Asheville is as dangerous as WPB. I know you like to post stats, but I go by real people's perspectives and those who have lived in both places.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Also, bear in mind that Florida reports crime differently. And even though most of the nation is switching to another way of reporting, Florida is not. Of course they aren't.

And that's not even counting the police departments that lie. Lee County's past and present sheriffs both accuse each other of fudging the numbers. Hmm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida