Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 12:20 PM

156 posts, read 1,062,576 times

Advertisements

Wow- never would have thought of the plates thing- too funny! I plan on coming down and immediately becoming a citizen. My husband lost his drivers license and we are coming at a time when he will not have gotten it back yet. So he will have no ID to have to show to get it changed over to the FL license. Thats the only thing he was worried about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 01:17 PM

7 posts, read 27,846 times
Default I did it!

Hi, I got a job from out of state with my CT id. I went to a job fair recruiting teachers. While I am sure that people would like to hire locally, your identification isn't the problem. Maybe you should come down to an area for a week after submitting some resumes to an area that you are seriously interested in. Call people and ask them if you have time to meet with you as you will be "in the area" looking at houses or whatever. Just a thought...

Old 05-20-2007, 02:10 PM

156 posts, read 1,062,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_staniforth View Post
Hi, I got a job from out of state with my CT id. I went to a job fair recruiting teachers. While I am sure that people would like to hire locally, your identification isn't the problem. Maybe you should come down to an area for a week after submitting some resumes to an area that you are seriously interested in. Call people and ask them if you have time to meet with you as you will be "in the area" looking at houses or whatever. Just a thought...
I was planning on this approach- however I have a job already lined up and I dont have the time or the extra money to fly down like I originally intended. I make the more money of the 2 of us so my husband can really just go get any job doing whatever and we just have that as extra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida