Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 AM

29 posts, read 97,061 times

Advertisements

In the Tampa area is there alot of military around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 10:29 PM

236 posts, read 900,818 times
Take tampa, woud be better for your age and lifestyle!
Margate is more hispanic and Brooksville is no where!

Old 05-23-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue717 View Post
Take tampa, woud be better for your age and lifestyle!
Margate is more hispanic and Brooksville is no where!
Is there alot of military in the Tampa area?

Old 05-23-2007, 08:37 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty K View Post
Is there alot of military in the Tampa area?
Well, MacDill AFB is here, so I would guess so.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well, MacDill AFB is here, so I would guess so.
Well I know out here in virginia people that live here aren't too friendly to military since there is sooo many..

Old 04-03-2008, 05:44 AM

18 posts, read 69,624 times
Wow.... I read this thread over a year since the last post. We are about to close on a home in Brooksville. Granted, it's not big city life.... I like that.... but I didn't see anything intense to hate about Brooksville. As far as drug lifestyles... I agree with others. I've lived in a lot of different areas across the nation and even other countries.... some people do drugs. Old people, young people.... it doesn't matter. You have docs doing drugs, teachers, electrical engineers, and the burger boy down the street. It's just something that happens.... but you don't have to get sucked into it.

Here's to Brooksville! Can't wait to meet our neighbors! I bet they're nice people.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:30 AM

137 posts, read 545,807 times
While Brooksville/Spring Hill is not the area for a young 20 something...it is not a druggie area....not anymore than other parts of the Tampa Bay area. There are a lot of retirees and over the past couple of years A LOT of young families. During the housing boom families moved up this way so that they could afford a house for their families. The area is growing as far as shopping goes.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:42 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,384 times
Default Spring Hill

Yes, there will be tons of shopping in the area, Kohl's, JC Penney, SuperTarget etc plus more restaurants, but what is really quite interesting is that Hernando Cty has one of the highest unemployment rates in the state, so with some many people unemployed, who will be shopping in these stores?
Mostly retirees? Those that are unemployed also are unable to buy gas to get to these stores. I read the real estate listings for Feb. and 11 homes were sold in Feb. 4 by builders, 1 by relocation, 1 by a bank and 5 by resale.

More recently in the paper the articles about "Grow Houses" disturbs me, homes on Spring Hill Drive, Chamber Court and a home in Royal Highlands are raided and hundreds of plants seized with street values in the hundreds of thousands. Yes, drugs are all over FL. but to portray Hernando Cty as drug free, I don't agree. Check out the local jail and see how many inmates are there for drug related charges, it would boggle your mind.

No matter where you go in FL you have to research and do your homework regarding the quality of life, taxes, HOI.......to live here and enjoy the sun and beaches you may have to give up something in return, and while Fl is not for everyone, I wish those that do want to come, good luck and happiness.

My two cents.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:56 PM

137 posts, read 545,807 times
I know that Hernando is not drug free however I'm just saying it's not anymore drug infested then the surrounding areas. My husband is a deputy in Pasco and it has it's fair share of drugs too.

As far as shopping goes, the new JC Penney is constantly busy and stores wouldnt be coming here if they did not feel they would make a profit. When we first moved here over 2 years ago, we used to go into Pasco for shopping on a weekly basis. Now, I can't even remember the last time I went down to the Gulf View area. I even did all of my holiday shopping in Hernando.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of the area but the post referring to Brooksville as a druggie area, I thought was unfair.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:58 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
This thread is from a year ago. However I have to laugh at the "Margate has too many Hispanics" comments. What, NW Tampa doesn't have any Hispanics? Didn't see any mention of that yet they are literally the same thing both in terms of the area itself and the types of people. This thread was so "typical", too many druggies here, too many Hispanics there, my god we all are so sensitive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida