Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2008, 10:01 PM

7 posts, read 53,462 times

Advertisements

Hi is there anyone out there who knows what is really like to live in Palm Coast. I am moving to an area that is between Palm Coast and Flagler Beach and am wondering about the job market in these areas. Any input, negative or positive would be so appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 10:16 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,448,792 times
I'm going to move your post to the general Florida forum where PC is covered.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:30 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,167,920 times
Use the search feature on this forum, type in "Palm Coast."

Old 05-15-2008, 09:22 AM

18 posts, read 69,003 times
Default I live in Palm Coast for 3 years now

Palm Coast is a beautiful area. It depends on what type of work you are looking for? Did you find a home? I can answer a lot of you questions..Especially what section is the best... Let me know.. Thanks

Old 05-15-2008, 05:46 PM

93 posts, read 370,928 times
Lived in PC for 10 yrs. Be sure to have a job lined up before you move here though. We like it here and have no plans on moving. Great area to live with St. Aug and Daytona not too far away. We are finally getting a lot of the commercial stores here which will be great with gas prices so high. No place is perfect but we do enjoy living here.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:00 AM

15 posts, read 121,732 times
Default Hi and welcome to Palm Coast

We have now lived here 6 yrs, went thru a lot of changes. It all started about the time we moved in. Like someone else mentioned if your looking for a job better have one lined up. Not much here, unless you can work from your home. There is retail which does not pay much. Golden Coral is now hiring they are not open yet, and Target and there are a few other business's that will be opening soon. So if your job market is in that field somewhere, you may be able to get in on the ground floor. Construction work has came to almost a complete hault here this past year. That line of work you will be searching high and low for jobs.

As for the neighborhoods, this place is growing fast, many are really good places to live. Some I would stay away from as the crime rate has went up recently in those areas. Ask the real estate people perhaps they can fill you in on the higher crime areas, or our local sheriff's office someone there might be able to tell you which part has more crime.
I would narrow it down to certain streets, cause not all of a section is bad.

Palm Coast is good for being located in the middle of everything. It is close to the beaches and just a hour or so drive to the attractions. If you want to go to Daytona or St. Augustine your there in a flash.

To sum it all up.. we love Palm Coast for the most part. I am not happy about how they are tearing down our beautiful landscapes to build office buildings galore... but I guess progress has its growing pains.

If you have a specific question ask away hopefully one of us will be able to answer it for you.

Again Welcome.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:08 AM

17 posts, read 56,785 times
I am looking to relocate from S. Florida to Palm Coast. Can you suggest a good area to rent a 3/2 home.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:59 AM

200 posts, read 683,709 times
I have lived in PC for over 15 years now and lots has changed - many good, like shopping and services. The only negative is the congestion on the roads- but that is usually during certain times since many of us are not retired YET and need to go to work, so don't be in a hurry on the roads or you will get quite irritated!

As far as renting - gobs of them and some VERY NICE!! Do a google search for RENTALS IN PALM COAST, FL and you should find many!

We still have many folks moving here, so there is still growth...not as rampid as it was 5 years ago but there are still new families moving in.

Jobs? Yes do line one up before coming if you need one. Palm Coast Data is hiring MANY! Do a google search on that as well and you will find contact numbers, etc. Many of the "box" stores like Lowes and HDEPOT have put a hold on hiring until spring, Kohls is opening up in MARCH but I think they are only hiring part-time at this point.

Anything else, feel free to PM me and I will try to assist. I am a teacher here (ADULT ED) through the schools and am getting new students all the time, so like I said, we are STILL GROWING! Great buys on homes right now!! Do it NOW, I would HIGHLY SUGGEST!!! Perhaps rent with option to buy, in case you HAVE to rent for right now.

Also do a PALM COAST search here on this forum - great posts have been made by fellow Palm Coasters!!

WELCOME!

Old 07-16-2015, 01:54 AM

1 posts, read 4,015 times
I do see that the messages above are a little out dated, but I am moving to Flagler beach in October and I am hoping someone can give me some information on the nursing jobs out there? Such as home care for the elderly ? And also if there is a lot of facilities hiring such as hospitals and nursing homes ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida