Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 08:52 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,565,235 times

Advertisements

Since I am not there yet, which city, Orlando or the St. Pete/Tampa area, has the best nightlife--comedy clubs, live music venues--that are populated with the older generation (50 y.o. to 90)?
I love live music and comedy clubs, so one of these cities surely will be better for me. Advice anyone?

Lived in Houston over 20 years and they had nothing worth anything when it came to great live music--except for the occasional Clint Black--and he even probably went to Austin like most good musicians do.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 08:58 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,052,846 times
Tampa gets the major acts in Central Florida, and the crowd is older there no question. Orlando has a younger nightlife scene and more local music....some say the best local live music scene in Florida, however the venues (bars) are populated with mostly 20s/30s.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:42 PM

501 posts, read 1,882,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Since I am not there yet, which city, Orlando or the St. Pete/Tampa area, has the best nightlife--comedy clubs, live music venues--that are populated with the older generation (50 y.o. to 90)?
I love live music and comedy clubs, so one of these cities surely will be better for me. Advice anyone?

Lived in Houston over 20 years and they had nothing worth anything when it came to great live music--except for the occasional Clint Black--and he even probably went to Austin like most good musicians do.
Naples, The Villages and Vero Beach (area) are your better bets as they are designed for retirees (who are young at heart).

I've never seen so many bars, restaurants and clubs catering to a "senior" scene (if only their kids knew!)

Old 01-07-2010, 05:24 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,030,832 times
Actually there are plenty of clubs that are geared to an older crowd in the greater Orlando area, my guess is those above are young so they are off their radar.

Gathering spots for 50's and above:

The lounge area in Season's 52. lively bar and piano player
The Bösendorfer Lounge at the Grand Bohemian--be surrounded by works of art and piano or jazz.
The Vue in Clermont (although I think the crowd here is growing progressivel younger)
The Velvet Bar at Hard Rock Hotel
SAK Comedy Club (There are a handful of other comedy clubs as well, including several locations of Bonkerz)
The Blue Martini
Salsa Dancing at the Samba Room

There are plenty of others, those are just quickly off the top of my head. I know there are a bunch of different groups for things like swing dancing and wine tasting as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida