Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:02 PM

284 posts, read 981,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
that is nothing. I myself, when in my late 50s as a 100 lb woman, shoveled more than that. A very LONG driveway in Smithtown on a hill.

Ice storms are worse. What do you do with 3 inches of ice on your car and driveway? Snow can be shoveled. ICE can't. I would take 2 feet of snow over 2 INCHES of ICE.
I'll agree with the dealing the snow over the ice , 4-6 where is that ? i'm looking at 8-10 and still going , my wife might have to sleep over at work because so many RN's called in . So many people freak out when there is a little snow on the ground .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 05:40 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,598,107 times
Default My daughter is in Levittown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC View Post
I'll agree with the dealing the snow over the ice , 4-6 where is that ? i'm looking at 8-10 and still going , my wife might have to sleep over at work because so many RN's called in . So many people freak out when there is a little snow on the ground .
She said she got less than the North Shore of Suffolk. We still check it there.

I used to work Midnight Shift at a Group Home. The woman I replaced lived in QUEENS and had to drive from Smithtown to Queens every night. I HAD to get there to replace her, or she had to stay until somebody did in the morning.

When you have to do something, you find a way to do it.

BTW, our lows for the rest of the week will be in the 40s, with highs barely in the low 60s. We are having not just record break cold here in South Florida, excuse me SouthWEST Florida, but the DURATION of record cold. For the next week, the lows are going to be in the low 40s, with freeze inland.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:11 PM

284 posts, read 981,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
She said she got less than the North Shore of Suffolk. We still check it there.

I used to work Midnight Shift at a Group Home. The woman I replaced lived in QUEENS and had to drive from Smithtown to Queens every night. I HAD to get there to replace her, or she had to stay until somebody did in the morning.

When you have to do something, you find a way to do it.

BTW, our lows for the rest of the week will be in the 40s, with highs barely in the low 60s. We are having not just record break cold here in South Florida, excuse me SouthWEST Florida, but the DURATION of record cold. For the next week, the lows are going to be in the low 40s, with freeze inland.
My brother lives on Eagle Ln in Levittown , nice area . Midnight shift is tough having to deal with bar hoppers on the road at that time and that drive had to be rough , my wife is hardly calls in sick and the storm where LI had up to 2 feet of snow she was still going to work . That's brisk for SW Fla , well i know you like the colder weather so you enjoy it .

Old 02-11-2010, 12:58 AM

594 posts, read 3,429,492 times
It can snow in florida but its very rare for it too and the reason why is because florida is so close to the equator and florida does not get that cold most of the time to support snow.And another reason it does not snow all the time in florida is there are two more other main reasons why. Florida is too far down south and florida does not have mountains or any higher elevations of where it gets cold.floridas highest elevation is only 345 feet and its a small hill.Too where you go up north to the north georgia mountains in georgia georgias highest point is a mountain that is 4784 feet above sea level so thats high enough to support snow because the higher you go into the mountains the colder it seems to get.So you floridanias if you want to see snow then you will most likely have to move further north to see snow like to north georgia or north alabama or maybe even north carolina mountains or tennessee mountains which are the great smokey mountains which are so pretty covered with snow in the winter time with snow on the peaks and the mountains. But you will get tired of it soon seeing the snow all the time and it sometimes can be a mess a bad mess.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:15 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,380,162 times
It's the effects of global warming

Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,113,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam 5 View Post
It can snow in florida but its very rare for it too and the reason why is because florida is so close to the equator and florida does not get that cold most of the time to support snow.And another reason it does not snow all the time in florida is there are two more other main reasons why. Florida is too far down south and florida does not have mountains or any higher elevations of where it gets cold.floridas highest elevation is only 345 feet and its a small hill.Too where you go up north to the north georgia mountains in georgia georgias highest point is a mountain that is 4784 feet above sea level so thats high enough to support snow because the higher you go into the mountains the colder it seems to get.So you floridanias if you want to see snow then you will most likely have to move further north to see snow like to north georgia or north alabama or maybe even north carolina mountains or tennessee mountains which are the great smokey mountains which are so pretty covered with snow in the winter time with snow on the peaks and the mountains. But you will get tired of it soon seeing the snow all the time and it sometimes can be a mess a bad mess.
LOL this is one huge run on sentence.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 PM

18,929 posts, read 43,234,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
It's the effects of global warming
Okay, are you for real or was that a joke?

Old 02-11-2010, 04:13 PM

2,414 posts, read 5,380,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Okay, are you for real or was that a joke?
I was joking, but on another forum here at CD, yes, the global warming zealots are blaming this on GW. Do a search on my posts.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 AM

485 posts, read 1,698,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
I was joking, but on another forum here at CD, yes, the global warming zealots are blaming this on GW. Do a search on my posts.

It's true - global warming causes climate change. Climate change means intense weather events. I wish people would stop thinking that global warming causes only WARMING. It can set off an entire chain of weather events. I say that skeptics are just looking for any reason to believe that humans' greedy actions aren't destroying the planet. Ignorance is not bliss.

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/....aspx?id=79547

Climate-Change Debate Is Heating Up in Deep Freeze - NYTimes.com

Last edited by gypsystar; 02-12-2010 at 04:04 AM..

Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,643,141 times
Don't call it global warming then. call it climate change. The earth isn't getting too hot, scientists think that we will start to enter the next ice age within 10 years, it won't happen for hundreds of years though. they're just saying it will start cooling within the next 10 years slowly and not stop for hundreds of years leading to the next iceage. look it up. And this is happening naturally, not because of humans. Al Gore/Global warming is BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida