Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:00 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,211,667 times

Advertisements

Share with us your 4th of July celebrations in the great state of Florida. I have been told that we don't know how to celebrate the 4th here in Florida. Let's let those who are considering a move to our great state know Floridians do know how to honor America's birthday.

I'll start.....
We started celebrating last night at a friend's house. We 12 adults and 15 or so teenagers/kids that met for a great cookout and covered dish dinner - traditional hamburgers and hotdogs accompanied by potato salad, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, fruit salad, rum cake from Puerto Rico, Caramel Chocolate Pecan Trifle, Key Lime Pie and Red, White and Blue Hawaiian Magaritas! ALL homemade!

After dinner, we visited, swam, went out on the boat, jet skis, etc. until time for the "Red, Hot and Boom" Fireworks show put on by the city of Altamonte Springs. We moved our lawn chairs down to the lake, turned up the outdoor sound system and watched the fireworks synchronized to a great music show.

Another hour or so of visiting with great friends (while the Altamonte Springs traffic passed) we returned to our home.

Today we will grill out at home - This morning DH is doing yard work (yeah - the grass has to be cut even when it's a holiday!!) Later we'll grill Barbeque Chicken and all the trimmings, spend the afternoon in the pool with family and probably go to the Science Center to view Orlando's "Fireworks At The Fountain."

The downtown party starts much earlier, but we don't like the crowds so much anymore. So, we just go for the fireworks.

A great and relaxing 4th celebration......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 11:14 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
We are going to a neighborhood pooch parade, bike parade, and burger-and-brat cookout at the little community center here.
It will be my second time meeting new neighbors. Looking forward to it.
We probably won't go watch the fireworks, but we certainly have that opportunity.
I really love our new neighborhood and appreciate everything Florida in particular and the USA in general has to offer.

ETA: hopefully we won't get rained out. Our 4th began sunny but is becoming a bit damp. We sure do need the moisture though.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:43 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
Share with us your 4th of July celebrations in the great state of Florida. I have been told that we don't know how to celebrate the 4th here in Florida. Let's let those who are considering a move to our great state know Floridians do know how to honor America's birthday.

I'll start.....
We started celebrating last night at a friend's house. We 12 adults and 15 or so teenagers/kids that met for a great cookout and covered dish dinner - traditional hamburgers and hotdogs accompanied by potato salad, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, fruit salad, rum cake from Puerto Rico, Caramel Chocolate Pecan Trifle, Key Lime Pie and Red, White and Blue Hawaiian Magaritas! ALL homemade!

After dinner, we visited, swam, went out on the boat, jet skis, etc. until time for the "Red, Hot and Boom" Fireworks show put on by the city of Altamonte Springs. We moved our lawn chairs down to the lake, turned up the outdoor sound system and watched the fireworks synchronized to a great music show.

Another hour or so of visiting with great friends (while the Altamonte Springs traffic passed) we returned to our home.

Today we will grill out at home - This morning DH is doing yard work (yeah - the grass has to be cut even when it's a holiday!!) Later we'll grill Barbeque Chicken and all the trimmings, spend the afternoon in the pool with family and probably go to the Science Center to view Orlando's "Fireworks At The Fountain."

The downtown party starts much earlier, but we don't like the crowds so much anymore. So, we just go for the fireworks.

A great and relaxing 4th celebration......
The wife went to Key West for a week so I am here alone and will probably order a pizza and go in the studio and get some work done. I don't like fireworks.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:04 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
Real ( had #12's fedexed from New Jersey) Sabrett "Dawgs" , homeade macaroni salad. I'm off my health diet for one meal today

Working. Have just completed a new client card file while my Wife, has more than 350 new items to work on adding to my website and a lot more than that to add to hers.

Work! Eat! Smooch! Back to Work! Eat Smoe!

Old 07-04-2007, 01:19 PM

372 posts, read 860,023 times
BBQing baby back ribs and setting off some artillery tonight

I hope everyone has a happy and safe July 4th!!

Old 07-04-2007, 02:08 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,211,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
Real ( had #12's fedexed from New Jersey) Sabrett "Dawgs"

Is there any other kind??!! They are the best!

Working. Have just completed a new client card file while my Wife, has more than 350 new items to work on adding to my website and a lot more than that to add to hers.

Work! Eat! Smooch! Back to Work! Eat Smoe!

MrTUDO!!!!!! Have fun!! (said with a devilish grin

Old 07-04-2007, 07:12 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
we will be celebrating by trying to keep our dogs calm. lol

Old 07-04-2007, 07:50 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,808 times
we need to introduce "outsourcing" to Mr Tudo.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:53 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,608 times
I'm stuck outside the US in Miami. A little barbq with my wife, now I'm hiding at my room listening country music. I don't have friends here, no family. I feel sad and frustrated today.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:50 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Had some fun with homemade fireworks, wow what fun that was! Now if I could only declare my independance from corruption and high taxes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida