Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:16 PM

243 posts, read 1,097,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeisterMan View Post
Let's be real....TN is not heaven...there are nice places for sure, but your have to be pretty sumb to compare a Maryville for example or Knoxville to living in Boca, Sarasota, Naples etc.....

Many people that came to Florida in the first place probably we sort of out of their comfort zone anyway...

Sure it's relatively expensive, but if you just want 'cheap' then move to Mississippi, or Wyoming !

I agree, though not all of Wyoming is cheap--Jackson Hole, Wyoming makes South Florida look bargain priced. But you get what you pay for. The Tennessee mountains can't compare to the Tetons, and Tennessee doesn't have South Florida's palm-lined beaches.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:39 PM

159 posts, read 551,215 times
Thing that scares me about Tenn. is there building codes, or better yet the lack of them. Buy a house that's 15-20 years old and look back at the building reqiurments.

My last contrctor in in NY wanted to go that way becuase of the liberal and unsafe building codes which made it very easy to build a home and very profortable for the contractor

This is second hand info but look where Fla was 20 years ago or better without all the insurance regulations prescribed today for builders and cities to conform to, and no codes to follow remember HOMESTEAD

The only way I would by out of state, especially Tenn, is to actually watch the constuction going on. Plans are one thing what gores in is another

Last edited by NYBill; 10-25-2006 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: to add words

Old 10-25-2006, 06:59 PM

94 posts, read 482,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
it already is getting it's share pf problems in ga, sc, nc, tn... etc...

ppl in nc, when i was there, i heard complaints of how expensive things are, and that in some of the western parts of the state (tourist trap), ppl arent as friendly anymore and there arent any, "good ol' locals around these here parts." so it's not just fla. pretty soon, ppl will be moving from nc and sc to get away from the same things that some floridians are getting away from.
i agree with that. central part nc too, people aren't nice like they probably were back in the days, however, i think it's more of a racial issue. also it is getting expensive here, there are too many taxes and nc is known for having the highest gas prices! school system is terrible!

these are some of the reasons why i can not wait to get back to florida!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:47 PM

90 posts, read 335,941 times
Default We're still her in Florida..

We live in Winter Haven (Central part of State) and Viera *Melbourne* eastern coast.

I'm from the north and have never really been a beach person. I've finally talked my husband into moving to GA, NC, TN or SC... just haven't figured out where yet. Kaci

Last edited by sunrico90; 07-22-2008 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: Older thread, please start a new one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida