Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 06:18 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post

It's amazing that some folks never will admit how awful it is to drive there.
No let's get this straight for the 42,987,793 time: We admitted 2 million years ago we have bad drivers. You are the one on denial, STOP trolling please, claiming that we have never admitted that. Can we move on? Talk about something more productive and helpful?
And why are you ignoring my comment about moving? Because that's not what really matters to you. Just bashing South Florida and hispanics is. You are just trolling, giving advice about SOUTH Florida when you don't even live here.

Last edited by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥; 01-19-2010 at 06:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 06:35 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
You're right, I dont live in S FL but I did when I was a kid. I still go there and visit , and have family there. I know what it's like to live there. I understand that Miami has bad drivers, and that some people admit to it. I'd like to know what it is about Miami that it's so bad?

Old 01-19-2010, 06:44 PM

5 posts, read 5,085 times
I am here to speak out against the "it happens everywhere" bulls***. Yes, hit and runs do happen everywhere, ONCE IN A WHILE. In South Florida and Orlando, they happen ALL THE TIME, big difference!

Over the weekend, a cyclist was mowed down by a drunken idiot with no license and killed, then the guy drove off. In most cities, states or countries this would be headline news, but in Miami it's commonplace and drunk driving is almost socially accepted.

I will say that it's not about blaming any particular race though. It's a Miami problem and it could be resolved by tougher law enforcement, harsher sentences and a zero tolerance policy for drunk drivers.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
You're right, I dont live in S FL but I did when I was a kid. I still go there and visit , and have family there. I know what it's like to live there. I understand that Miami has bad drivers, and that some people admit to it. I'd like to know what it is about Miami that it's so bad?
You want to know or you want to hear your favorite answer? Are you trolling? Stop being so condescending please. It's not like you haven't answered your own question 31,457,263 times saying that it's the New Yorkers and hispanics.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:59 PM

872 posts, read 1,712,611 times
There's no doubt. Its scary as hell driving in central Florida. People in Orlando talk about how common the hit-and-run driving is down in Miami but it is every bit as bad in Orlando + Tampa.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 PM

5,014 posts, read 7,219,447 times
I don't think the problem is confined to just New Yorkers or Hispanics or rednecks or any particular socioeconomic group. I think Florida is just a horribly evil place with an over abundance of sociopaths.

I posted a link to the original article by the Transportation group when it first came out, but it was flagged by the moderators. Go figure.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
I don't think the problem is confined to just New Yorkers or Hispanics or rednecks or any particular socioeconomic group. I think Florida is just a horribly evil place with an over abundance of sociopaths.

I posted a link to the original article by the Transportation group when it first came out, but it was flagged by the moderators. Go figure.
I'd agree with that. Florida, particularly south and central Florida is home to some of the worst drivers in the United States. It's not a particular ethnic group either. The last time I was in Miami, I was almost rammed off the road by a white guy. It just seems to be systematic there. Drunk driving is also a huge problem, but Miami itself is a party city. Miami's very nature makes it a recipe for disaster and here's the formula:

Selfish people + 24/7/365 clubs and bars open + drinking and driving being socially acceptable + lack of law enforcement + little mass transit + degenerate street racing culture = a recipe for disaster.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:22 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,968,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidMetal View Post
I am here to speak out against the "it happens everywhere" bulls***. Yes, hit and runs do happen everywhere, ONCE IN A WHILE. In South Florida and Orlando, they happen ALL THE TIME, big difference!
Though you're right about it happening all the time in South Florida, it's VERY common in Savannah as well. Including pedestrians being hit and in a lot of cases killed.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
No let's get this straight for the 42,987,793 time: We admitted 2 million years ago we have bad drivers. You are the one on denial, STOP trolling please, claiming that we have never admitted that. Can we move on? Talk about something more productive and helpful?
And why are you ignoring my comment about moving? Because that's not what really matters to you. Just bashing South Florida and hispanics is. You are just trolling, giving advice about SOUTH Florida when you don't even live here.
Are you going to address his (very valid) points, or are you going to continue to beat around the proverbial bush?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidMetal View Post
Are you going to address his (very valid) points, or are you going to continue to beat around the proverbial bush?
They have been addressed through millions of screen names that the OP gets because he/she gets banned all the time for the same reasons: Trolling. This is just a sample under this name only:

//www.city-data.com/forum/orlan...l#post12510845
and another
//www.city-data.com/forum/miami...n-drivers.html
and more
//www.city-data.com/forum/orlan...t-hit-run.html
more threads opened by comsense:
//www.city-data.com/forum/orlan...r-drivers.html

Last edited by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥; 01-19-2010 at 09:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida