Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 08:01 AM

2 posts, read 4,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
Well, it took me 5 months but I finally made the move to Naples. Just me and my little dog arrived last Sunday. Just got my PC working and have been running around establishing residency. I am still waiting for my furniture and car to arrive from NY. Then, I will have the exhausting task of unpacking. Once that is done I will spent all summer looking for work.
I have been coming to Naples for the last 15 years and know the area well. I know living here and vacationing here is not the same but I am determined to make a good & better life here than in NY.
HI
Wow, im glad to see someone else did it. I Have been trying to get up the courage to do this?? Ya know whats holding me back, i hate getting lost
hate driving around trying to find me way around, and no i cant afford to obtain a gps system, too expensive. I love the beach, have friends in Ft. lauderdale , they will let me stay there for just a month then have to find my own place. I work in healthcare, so not worried about job, just a new place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 09:09 AM

60 posts, read 285,074 times
Default Transition

Thanks for all the replys. This is what I call Transition week. I am halfway becoming a Floridian and no longer a New Yorker. By transition I mean not only waiting for the movers to come but also, the emotional transition of the next few weeks. That this is it. There is no going back. Yes there are places to move to, it it a big country, but I do not go back to where I came from; I move forward. My friends from NY are cheering me on. But this is like a roller coaster ride. But I am grateful for being able to do this move; and I trying to do this alone and not have second thoughts that I made a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: