Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 11:33 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times

Advertisements

One month mark in Florida.

So far I am happy to finally get to post in my own moving to Florida success stories thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 10:30 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Almost 4 months in Florida folks.

Simply amazing.

Beautiful and more then I ever thought, Florida has been great for us.

Yes, I moved to paradise and enjoying it every single minute.

Never did I ever think we could be swimming at night in October.

Thanks to everyone who has sent so many nice messages.

We love living in Florida!

Old 10-26-2011, 06:12 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Almost 4 months in Florida folks.

Simply amazing.

Beautiful and more then I ever thought, Florida has been great for us.

Yes, I moved to paradise and enjoying it every single minute.

Never did I ever think we could be swimming at night in October.

Thanks to everyone who has sent so many nice messages.

We love living in Florida!
With 28,189 views on this topic and with winter coming on up north i wonder how many just read your very positive review of Fla.Sunny and got persuaded that Florida is paradise and why the heck are they living up north. and are now planning on moving to Florida.I'd bet 10,000 on that post alone.
Sunny your talents are wasted selling stuff at Flea Markets you should be getting the big bucks working as Floridas ambassador and encouraging more people to move to Florida.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:33 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
With 28,189 views on this topic and with winter coming on up north i wonder how many just read your very positive review of Fla.Sunny and got persuaded that Florida is paradise and why the heck are they living up north. and are now planning on moving to Florida.I'd bet 10,000 on that post alone.
Sunny your talents are wasted selling stuff at Flea Markets you should be getting the big bucks working as Floridas ambassador and encouraging more people to move to Florida.
NO!!! We don't need anymore people! I think 18 million plus is enough!

But i agree that Sunny could certainly be a "Florida ambassador!."

Old 10-26-2011, 12:26 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Well, I'm in fact one of those folks, and I've enjoyed reading this positive thread! [unlike a certain other large thread on the FL forum] Overall, I'm still drawn to the West Coast, but FL keeps popping up and this thread has helped make FL a legitimate choice. I know Fl and CA are very different places, but we have the time to research and make the right move. We refuse to let the impending winter dread rush us into a hasty decision that is not best for our family.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,507 times
I literally just found this post at the bottom of the city data crime rate pages for the Tampa rural suburbs. My family and I are debating relocating to florida and were set to look at a house in Dade City. However when I looked at the crime rates, I was shocked. It's almost 5 times higher than the suburb I live in now connected with Minneapolis which has been the nations murder capital several times. This makes me worried. Murders every couple years and only 6,000 people? Rapes multiple times a year. Hundreds of thefts. The surrounding suburbs are similar as well. Would somebody please explain what types of places these really are? I hear so many great stories that these are the areas to live, this is where the good schools are etc. Whats it really like. Please try and leave the bias talk out. The crime rate shows it is severe in these areas compared to the rest of the nation. How is life in these areas? Rednecks shooting at each other? Or gangsters and hoods shooting it out? Drug towns? Please fill me in. Thanks

Old 11-19-2011, 09:26 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10kLakes View Post
I literally just found this post at the bottom of the city data crime rate pages for the Tampa rural suburbs. My family and I are debating relocating to florida and were set to look at a house in Dade City. However when I looked at the crime rates, I was shocked. It's almost 5 times higher than the suburb I live in now connected with Minneapolis which has been the nations murder capital several times. This makes me worried. Murders every couple years and only 6,000 people? Rapes multiple times a year. Hundreds of thefts. The surrounding suburbs are similar as well. Would somebody please explain what types of places these really are? I hear so many great stories that these are the areas to live, this is where the good schools are etc. Whats it really like. Please try and leave the bias talk out. The crime rate shows it is severe in these areas compared to the rest of the nation. How is life in these areas? Rednecks shooting at each other? Or gangsters and hoods shooting it out? Drug towns? Please fill me in. Thanks
Because a good part of Tampa is ghetto. If you drive around Busch Gardens, the neighborHOODS are pretty harsh. ALWAYS.... go look yourself before making the decision... ALWAYS. Don't let people on here tell you is is all made up that the crime rates are false, or it is perfect. I went for a couple job interviews there a couple years back, and I denied all 3 positions because I was not impressed with tampa at all.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
We lived in Dade City for 12 years. It is a BEAUTIFUL town, and mostly safe. I don't know where all those crime rates are, there is one ghetto there, north of town, and a couple of outlying poorer areas. But The town, west of town, St. Leo and San Antonio to the southwest, Blanton to the northwest, and Ft. King Road heading south - all exceedingly beautiful and no big problems. Please don't just look at dry statistics, they just don't tell the story. Visit the town and see what you think. Yes, it's only 6,000 in the town itself, but it is only like 3 sq. miles. Most of the region is unincorporated.

I have nothing to gain or lose if you or anyone moves there or not. Just letting you know that our experience was nothing but positive.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:51 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
You DO NOT want to move to Dade City. There are MUCH MUCH better suburbs of Tampa to live in than that city. I can think of several you will like better. There's Brandon, Chapel Hill, Land O' Lakes, New Tampa, Tampa Palms, etc. Those are some of the popular ones.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You DO NOT want to move to Dade City. There are MUCH MUCH better suburbs of Tampa to live in than that city. I can think of several you will like better. There's Brandon, Chapel Hill, Land O' Lakes, New Tampa, Tampa Palms, etc. Those are some of the popular ones.
Yes, because you live there, right? No, your profile says you live in Ft. Lauderdale? Did you ever live in Dade city? Because I lived there for 12 years, how many years did you? If you didn't live there, then you are giving an opinion on something you really know nothing about.

Not everyone wants to live in those suburban cookie-cutter neighborhoods that you suggested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida