Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:47 AM

2 posts, read 9,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxElla View Post
Hello. We are a family of four. Two girls ages 7 and 4 and we are in our late twenties. We are thinking of moving from NY to Fl. I'm a Paramedic my wife is also in a medical field. We can't decide between west coast and east coast. Also we are planning to buy our first home probably a new build in a family oriented neighborhood. To us safety, jobs, and schools are very important. Any info would help a lot. Thanx every one in advance.
Hello MaxElla,
I currently reside in Florida,
and I've been living here for over 2 years now.
i live in Clearwater area,and i think it's ok.
I don't know what would be the most significant
factors for you and your family,concerning the city
you would want to move to,but i may be able to
tell you a little bit about the cities around here.
Clearwater has a pretty descent beach,and if you are a
beach lover,then that may be a good spot.
Crime level here in Clearwater is very low.it's pretty safe.
Cleartwater is not a big city though,but it's a little reserved,
and as I always say,it's all about where you live in the city.
If you want a very small,"community-like" city,i would suggest SAFETY HABOUR.If you are into luxury,PALM HABOUR is a small city,but has that.
You might also want to consider OLDSMAR, and (NEW) TAMPA,which are for the most part,not large cities,but are quite neat.
Or if you want a big city,then the closest around here,is TAMPA.I would prefer other smaller cities to Tampa,but there are many nice and interesting places in Tampa,and many people like Tampa.

I wish you all the best

Old 07-24-2007, 06:38 PM

9 posts, read 36,885 times
Lake County is an awesome county for families. We are close to Orlando attractions such as Disney, Universal Studios and Wet N Wild. Housing is in your price range here. We live in Howey in the hills, Florida. Moderator cut: advertising
We have good schools in lake county as well. It is a growing community and county and there is opportunity for new businesses.

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 07-24-2007 at 07:36 PM..

Old 02-27-2008, 07:31 AM

5 posts, read 13,272 times
Default thinking of moving to florida

Hello I am 29 years old married with two boys 4 and 9 and will have a newborn in august. we are considering moving to florida next year because we live here in michigan and the economy sucks. I am a medical administrative assitant not medical assistant and my husband is unemployed. He has a felony (not for anything major) that is about 6 years old and has been trying to find a job here for the last year and a half. He can do everything including construction and recently finished school for auto mechanics.
We desperately need to move because the economy is just horrible and he needs a job. He said he lived in florida before and had no problem getting a job. I have never been to florida and am wondering about schools and also about being able to move to a nice area that is inexpensive.

Any suggestions, I desperately want to get out of this cold weather and go where there is more opportunity. Right now we live in a 3 bedroom duplex and I pay 700.00 in rent and the only thing I pay is electric. Because of the economy landlords have started to pay gas bills because so many people are losing their homes. I need advice.

Last edited by sunrico90; 02-27-2008 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: older thread, post new one....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida