Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Realtors: Florida, sell our house, agent, real estate, listing broker.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:06 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,904,265 times

Advertisements

OK I'm back, I had to post this right after the coffee i was drinking come out of my nose ! We have now turned to the far side to make a buck. I did not know I could have used a crystal ball to call the market. Silly me all this time I was using things like economics and fundamentals. I need to call this lady and get this weeks lotto numbers.

Realtors peer deeply into the crystal ball to see how to keep momentum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 12:55 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,063 times
LOL We're looking for a new realtor. We'll have to dash right over there. Then again the dumbo we have sure isn't doing anything. She's too busy with her baseball games, water parks and told us she couldn't call us as the reception at the park was bad. I thought she might get off her blonde ambition and try to sell our house. And her so-called manager agent who's suppose to be training her is totally MIA. What an agency that is. Now this seer may be just what the market needs. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited by House4Sale; 05-27-2007 at 01:10 PM..

Old 05-27-2007, 01:01 PM

627 posts, read 2,848,865 times
ROTFL

I don't know, but maybe they should consult the "The god of understanding" that Diane Ahlquist is in contact with, to give us a forecast for the next 6 months! LOL

I know it is all in Good Fun, and what a Great Gimmick to bring other agents to your Broker Open!! Sure beats the plain old Wine, Cheese & Fruit Spreads! hahaha

Thanks for posting the link! I highly enjoyed it

Old 05-27-2007, 01:21 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,529,910 times
House4Sale,

I feel your pain.....I'd get nervous when I hear that someone is "in training".
I know that people have to learn somehow, but I'd never list with a realtor "in training", or part time.

In sports, the number one hitter gets the big bucks, and the rookie gets a lower salary......in Real Estate, they all get paid YOUR 6%, no matter how hard they work for you......just having their sign in your window gets them 3%.

Now, I'm not knocking Realtors...I know many of them work hard. The point i'm making is this.

When I'm paying 6% no matter who lists my house, you are darn sure i'm going to find out who sells the most homes in my neighborhood, who gets the highest closing price,etc........ basically, who is the most successful.

I'd interview the top three, then see who "clicks" the most with me.....then I would not sign anything over a 3 month commitment.......I'd also want weekly progress reports, etc.

I, in turn, will promise to keep the curb appeal up, keep the house spotless and organized and staged well, and I will be accessable, and have the house accessable for showings, etc........basically, making it as easy as I can for you to sell my house for top buck.

It's my biggest investment....I'll not leave it to rookies....

house4sale, I'm not saying you did...I do not want to offend, just thought i'd throw out some opinions....

Have a great holiday, and I pray all goes well with your home sale.

Frank D.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:32 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
Firemed: Thank goodness you are back! And what a comeback. That article is priceless.

The psychic says they'll be two close-call hurricanes, an average red tide (what the heck does that mean?), two agents need to quit and she's selling her house herself. I bet they don't invite her back!

Old 05-27-2007, 01:35 PM

193 posts, read 489,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
LOL We're looking for a new realtor. We'll have to dash right over there. Then again the dumbo we have sure isn't doing anything. She's too busy with her baseball games, water parks and told us she couldn't call us as the reception at the park was bad. I thought she might get off her blonde ambition and try to sell our house. And her so-called manager agent who's suppose to be training her is totally MIA. What an agency that is. Now this seer may be just what the market needs. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I don't know if this will help, however, I listed one of my houses in south Sarasota with a "listing Broker" Basically for $250. they will list your house on the MLS and install a lockbox. You list your name and tel# as the contact agent and you are suppose to do all the work. BUT, usually the selling agent will write the contract and present it to you. If you agree with the deal, you sign and go from there. I would ask for some sort of creditworthiness before signing, get familiar with the verbage of the contract etc etc.

As an added incentive I listed the brokers fee at 4% which is 1 point higher than the normal 3% obtained on a split and I save 2%. The listing service gets their money up front and does NOT get any percentage at all. I listed the house a few days ago and expect the action to start after the legislature comes out with their prop tax reduction plan.

I don't want to upset the moderator so you can PM me for the details.

Last edited by Audacious; 05-27-2007 at 01:45 PM..

Old 05-27-2007, 01:57 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,904,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Firemed: Thank goodness you are back! And what a comeback. That article is priceless.

The psychic says they'll be two close-call hurricanes, an average red tide (what the heck does that mean?), two agents need to quit and she's selling her house herself. I bet they don't invite her back!
I couldn't resist I had to post it. It kind of reminds me of that old credit card commercial

Selling your house using a realtor= 6% commision of the price sold

Balloons and handmade sign for your two day open house= $14.68

Using a ouji board to predict your closing date= PRICELESS

I don't think she will be back. But next time the ouji board might be the star of the show !

Old 05-27-2007, 08:31 PM

Frank D. You are so right and that's what we thought we were getting. The experienced office manager was suppose to be in a team with and train her but he would oversee things. Instead, he just left everything on her. As many times as we called, that's how many times he's dissed us and hasn't returned one call. And he was ref. to us. Later we larned that he is considered a big blow hard and a bagof hot air and other things. Of course that's not what the person who ref. him to us said. We are looking for frik n' frak's replacement. We will be more careful this time.

Last edited by House4Sale; 05-27-2007 at 08:46 PM..

Old 05-27-2007, 08:47 PM

Thanks Audacious. I'm going to look into this option.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:57 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,529,910 times
Again, good luck House4sale, and all others who are selling.

boy, Florida real estate practices are far different then what I was used to up here in NY. I have sold many homes here in NY, and thought I was a "seasoned seller"..........but I was unprepared with some of the antics that we experienced last Jan/Feb when we bought our house down there.

It was far more stressful then it should have been......integrity was a rare find. I am wiser for it.

Frank D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida