Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2007, 03:56 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,212,661 times

Advertisements

"Also, look here Tennessee Crime Rates 1960 - 2005 and here Florida Crime Rates 1960 - 2005.

TN has 6 million people and had 480 murders. Florida has 17 million people and had 880 murders. Do the math."

blueoktober, i have mentioned this before, as ppl complain about all the crime and then say they are moving to tn. it is interesting.

btw, i thought fla had 18mil ppl?

oh, i've wondered the same thing... tn has always been around. why all of a sudden is it THE PLACE to be? and before anyone ridicules me about living in fla and talking about tn, i am familar with the area. i lived in western nc for yrs and saw the very thing that blueoktober is talking about. western nc and eastern tn are very similar. another thing, ppl talk about moving to tn and how nice the ppl are. i have never heard so many uses of the "n" word, jewish jokes, and the list goes on and on. my thought when i would hear these thing in public were ---keep it to yourself. do they know what they are sayin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 04:08 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,519,848 times
You two have issues....

Old 06-19-2007, 04:09 PM

If you want to be alone to discuss your common woes than just say so and we will try to find you guys a room.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:47 PM

hahaha--- that was funny. find a room... that was a good one.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:59 PM

Okay then.....a condo.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
HengyMama not once have I insulted you, yet you feel so inclined. Yeah, maybe you will fit in with Knoxville people after all.
It was more like a joke so lighten up!

backtofla got it.....why so on edge?

Old 06-19-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
People in Florida go about their lives and don't get into your business.
I guess that depends on how big the city and how many people you know. Florida people are just as nosey as TN people. I don't know of any city or state that does not have nosey, vindictive people. My husband always said if you find a perfect state, don't move to it or you will ruin it.....in other words, a perfect state is an empty state.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:19 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,292,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
"Also, look here Tennessee Crime Rates 1960 - 2005 and here Florida Crime Rates 1960 - 2005.

TN has 6 million people and had 480 murders. Florida has 17 million people and had 880 murders. Do the math."

blueoktober, i have mentioned this before, as ppl complain about all the crime and then say they are moving to tn. it is interesting.

btw, i thought fla had 18mil ppl?

oh, i've wondered the same thing... tn has always been around. why all of a sudden is it THE PLACE to be? and before anyone ridicules me about living in fla and talking about tn, i am familar with the area. i lived in western nc for yrs and saw the very thing that blueoktober is talking about. western nc and eastern tn are very similar. another thing, ppl talk about moving to tn and how nice the ppl are. i have never heard so many uses of the "n" word, jewish jokes, and the list goes on and on. my thought when i would hear these thing in public were ---keep it to yourself. do they know what they are sayin?
I hate these discussions of crime statistics, but please remember that in Florida (at least in the Orlando area) crime got EXPONENTIALLY worse since '05. So take that into consideration before pounding your chest over TN, or anywhere else being "worse".

Understood that your point was simply to point out that Tennessee is not some crime-free haven though, so I'll butt out....

Old 06-19-2007, 08:43 PM

absolutely not crime free, but what state is? and your right about orlando, crime has gotten worse (doubled) the last few yrs. my guess, is that orlando will move up along the likes of a detroit, memphis, new orleans, st-louis, and baltimore as far as crime. not a good title to have, but i will be interested to see where we stand when the new crime stats come out.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:19 PM

975 posts, read 3,730,507 times
I agree with you 100% elyfum. Places like NYC, Philly, Miami etc. can be a very tough environment. They come here from out West or from some small place in the middle of the country and they can't relate. I've met numerous people who've moved to the big east coast cities from elsewhere--they decided within a couple years that it wasn't for them and they left. Having said that I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
To respond to the previous post & to the ORIGINAL topic -
yes, it's an East/West thing. Extreme SOFL (as the previous post just showed) is alot like NY. Everyone's in a rush. No one cares. We're selfish. I'm from NY & have been in Miami for 13+ years. I love them both! If you don't like it, move out west! I don't like the whole airy fairy artsy fartsy west. So I don't live there! I lived in CO & AZ & have been to CA. Don't like Cali. CO is nice - actually where I was (CO Springs) is quite conservative! So CO was cool. (Too cool! ) I do like AZ & would consider living there. But you can keep the left coast thank you very much. We're the RIGHT coast baby! (As far as I'M concerned - THAT'S WHY I LIVE HERE!!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida