Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 04:10 PM

63 posts, read 182,970 times

Advertisements

My wife and I were thinking of taking our family to florida for spring break the 2nd week of April. We were told that Destin is a great place to have a family vacation and pretty close to Tennessee. However my friend said that it is cold in Destin that time of year. Any suggestions on where to go that time of year or is my wife's friend a wimp and Destin's weather would be fine. I dont need it to be 100 degrees just mid to upper 70's would be fine with me.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 05:53 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,031,415 times
April in Florida will be nice for you. The water might be cold though.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:03 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue1231 View Post
My wife and I were thinking of taking our family to florida for spring break the 2nd week of April. We were told that Destin is a great place to have a family vacation and pretty close to Tennessee. However my friend said that it is cold in Destin that time of year. Any suggestions on where to go that time of year or is my wife's friend a wimp and Destin's weather would be fine. I dont need it to be 100 degrees just mid to upper 70's would be fine with me.
Thanks
It can be in the 70s up there in April, but it can get pretty cool at night-especially during early April. And then again some Aprils can already be into the 80s and 90s, who knows what will happen this year? Destin is a beautiful srea. I would go for it. Should be able to swim in pools, but the gulf water might be as cold as an unheated pool in TN up in the hills during the summer<g>

Old 02-17-2010, 07:51 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,771,305 times
Youll most likely see 70 f 's in April for Destin during the day . Beaches around there are very very nice. Water will be cold still --- water temp. eventually gets up to 84 f . around Aug. Loads of great restaurants along the Coastline , water sports galore , scenic places , great for kids of all ages, locals pretty friendly to outsiders/tourists , a few nice shopping centers....especially Destin Commons Shopping Center at routes 98 and 293 . Go to Fudpuckers in Destin and have a picture taken with your kids holding a live small alligator against a backdrop, then feed the big ones on the pond below the restaurant -- good place for memories.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:31 AM

1 posts, read 6,842 times
Default same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue1231 View Post
Thanks

Our vacation in Destin last April '09 was a lot fun. We were able to maximized our experiences in the place. We were able to do whatever we had planned to do and eat. So, for me, April would be good for your family. You'll surely have good moments and bonding like ours. Though in our case, everything was planned because we already made reservations and bookings online. We provided my mom a list on the things we wanna do and She was the one who made the reservation online. CHeck this site: [url=http://www.tripshock.com/search/city-12/page_num-1/]Attractions & Things to do in Destin, Florida - TripShock![/url] you might feel like doing the same as ours.

God Speed and Enjoy!

Old 03-02-2016, 12:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,565 times
I was thinking of going to destin on April 25th for the week will the ocean be to cold to swim in

Old 03-02-2016, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,565 times
I was thinking of going to destin Florida April the 25th this year we want to swim in the ocean and do water activities is it to cold ther then

Old 03-02-2016, 02:36 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Destin weather for the next 10 days,https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...+USFL0114:1:US
i doubt it will get any colder=
As for swimming?Today's Destin sea temperature is 15.8 °C.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:46 PM

892 posts, read 859,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Destin weather for the next 10 days,https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...+USFL0114:1:US
i doubt it will get any colder=
As for swimming?Today's Destin sea temperature is 15.8 °C.

15.8 C, is 61 degrees, which is dangerously cold for those who may not be aware what 60 degree water translates to (they use 60 degree water to train Navy Seals in how to resist hypothermia during hell-week).

Ofc, it will be warmer in April, I'd honestly suggest just going south to southern Florida. Here the water temperature is warm enough for swimming comfortably already, I was just swimming.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:03 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,337,371 times
The chances are Destin will be nice that time of year, but the water may still be cold. If you want to play it safe I would say go to a Gulf Coast Beach south of Tampa Bay. Sarasota, Sanibel, Marco Island, they should all be warm by late April.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida