Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 PM

32 posts, read 73,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinscott76 View Post
I live in Fort Lauderdale looking to move back to Ohio...LOL...I miss the small town feel. I would say we can swap places but this place isn't cheap...Its 1100 a month. Two bedroom condo but nice and its right on the beach...But just got to get out of here. I lost my job a couple months ago and decided after this lease ends I'm outta here back to Ohio...Went home for Christmas and decided I miss it way to much..Just need to make sure my serious girlfriend will follow me.. Good luck with you.

Well good luck to you too clinscott76!! Where you looking to move in Ohio?? I live in a suburb called Parma that's right outside of Cleveland. I know that everybody keeps saying unemployment is bad down in Florida, but look at where I'm from! Some Ford plants and a lot of car dealerships are no longer here, making jobs even more scarce. Some hospitals, like our major Cleveland Clinic, have been on hiring freezes. The only jobs I can find are in doctor's offices, which is actually alright by me.

Hoping to finish nursing school this summer and get my RN. Going to be staying here until everything is settled and I figure out where would be the best place for my future hubby and I to move to down in Florida.

So you're going to brave the long cold winters up here? We just had snow for three straight days, so keep that in mind Floridian! You'll surely build some arm muscles with all the snow shoveling lol!

My grandmother lived in Hollywood right by Fort Lauderdale. She had a 3 bedroom/2 full bath and I believe it sold for 360,000? Somewhere close to that. You could buy a brand new almost mansion up here for that price! Expensive down there! Is it just that area? I was looking at some houses in Tampa, not bad prices, but I'm not sure of the safety of the different areas.

Well anyways good luck to you and I hope you find what you're looking for up here! And I hope that your girlfriend will consider moving with you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 01:42 PM

How is the diversity of food in Tampa and the surrounding area? Again my family is from around Ft. Lauderdale and Miami and I loved the Cuban and Thai restaurants they have down there. Do they have any good Cuban restaurants in Tampa or is that still too far north for that diversity? Any good seafood markets or anything like that down there? Love seafood, hard to find fresh and not frozen up here (makes the quality a lot worse.) Thanks for everybody for your help, I'm just a curious person trying to suck in all the information I can get. You can never know too much!!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:39 PM

Nobody gunna help me here??

Old 02-27-2010, 09:10 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
I'm not sure about Tampa's food scene as I haven't been there in years.

I still say you should head to Miami

Old 02-28-2010, 07:21 PM

What area of Miami?? I'm not even sure where exactly my family lives around there lol

Old 02-28-2010, 09:08 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganb19 View Post
What area of Miami?? I'm not even sure where exactly my family lives around there lol

Try looking in to Miami Beach, Coconut Grove, or Coral Gables... maybe even downtown.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:56 PM

Looking at the places around the Tampa area. Land O' Lakes and Lake Magdalene look like nice areas. Anybody's personal opinion that knows those areas or live there would be helpful please! Just looking at the map trying to find places that are close to hospitals so I can start my job search when I get my RN. Thanks so much for everybody's help!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:01 AM

153 posts, read 309,080 times
Megan I would definitely check out some nursing message boards to get an idea what pay, and working conditions are like in Florida. Pay in the panhandle is VERY low. I am not sure if i am allowed to post other websites on here, so if you wish, you may PM me for the website/message board. It is the largest message board for nurses, perhaps you are familiar with it.
Good Luck:-)

Old 03-16-2010, 06:53 AM

3 posts, read 6,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosyneighbors View Post
Megan I would definitely check out some nursing message boards to get an idea what pay, and working conditions are like in Florida. Pay in the panhandle is VERY low. I am not sure if i am allowed to post other websites on here, so if you wish, you may PM me for the website/message board. It is the largest message board for nurses, perhaps you are familiar with it.
Good Luck:-)
I'm about an hour north of Tampa in Citrus County. I'm 23, and my girlfriend is 21, and we both love Citrus County. There's really low crime rate, good affordable housing prices, and a good younger crowd in the area because there's a couple of colleges here in the area.

Great place to live!

Why are you planning the move?

Old 03-16-2010, 07:17 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganb19 View Post
How is the diversity of food in Tampa and the surrounding area? Again my family is from around Ft. Lauderdale and Miami and I loved the Cuban and Thai restaurants they have down there. Do they have any good Cuban restaurants in Tampa or is that still too far north for that diversity? Any good seafood markets or anything like that down there? Love seafood, hard to find fresh and not frozen up here (makes the quality a lot worse.) Thanks for everybody for your help, I'm just a curious person trying to suck in all the information I can get. You can never know too much!!
Plenty of Cuban and other ethnic food in Tampa. Whether they are "good" or not is pretty much subjective, but believe me the ethnic food scene is here. I don't live in Tampa anymore (born and raised there but now in Sarasota) but I am sure there are seafood markets, plenty of ethnic markets and whatever your want or need food-wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida