Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 07:21 PM

5,022 posts, read 7,224,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Not on CD. At the regular polling places where the working people who lost so much can have access.
What, like a special referendum? That would cost millions of dollars. Who's gonna pay for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 07:24 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
What, like a special referendum? That would cost millions of dollars. Who's gonna pay for it?
The ones who insist it is the best winter ever.....and want to prove the point.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
The ones who insist it is the best winter ever.....and want to prove the point.
Ha! Good one.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
Ha! Good one.
It's only fair to let the masses vote and the losing party pay. Right?

Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 PM

150 posts, read 474,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
This has been the BEST winter I have seen down here since 1995. It's never been this cool, this long, as far as I can remember. Somehow I think we will get serious payback with another unbearable summer, and a really bad one at that. One more month of snowbird season, then life will get all back to normal.
I disagree. In my opinion, this has been the worst winter I've had here. I said it once, and I'll say it again - I hate the cold. If I wanted to be cold, I'd move to the north. I know this is nothing compared to what happens up north, and that Florida is at the mercy of cold fronts each winter, but teens, twenties, and thirties as nighttime lows for most of the past two months? It's just ridiculous.

I can't wait for the warm weather to come back. I say let it get "unbearable" - I want to soak it all up. I love feeling the warmth and sunshine up against my skin. I'm sick of being wrapped up in layer upon layer of insulating clothing. I wanna wear my flip-flops, my shorts, and my T-shirts again. The weather hasn't really helped my tan, either.

I'm pretty sure the growers of produce in our area have less than kind things to say about this persistent cold.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:28 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,400,759 times
It's raining very very heavily right now, in the middel of winter. El Nino, or GW?

Old 03-02-2010, 06:52 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
There are no wrong answers here, this thread is about people that like this winter. Just because you didn't like the cold weather doesn't mean everyone disliked the weather this year too. We haven't had a winter like this in three decades, so many of are liking the change. Just remember everyone has an opinion, and when it comes to opinions there are no wrong answers. If someone thinks this is the best winter ever that is their opinion. And if someone thinks this is the worst winter ever that's their opinion. Neither is wrong, we just need to see that we all have different likes. And we shouldn't attack others with opposite views than our own, just see that there are people that liked it and didn't like it this winter.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:41 AM

150 posts, read 474,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
There are no wrong answers here, this thread is about people that like this winter. Just because you didn't like the cold weather doesn't mean everyone disliked the weather this year too. We haven't had a winter like this in three decades, so many of are liking the change. Just remember everyone has an opinion, and when it comes to opinions there are no wrong answers. If someone thinks this is the best winter ever that is their opinion. And if someone thinks this is the worst winter ever that's their opinion. Neither is wrong, we just need to see that we all have different likes. And we shouldn't attack others with opposite views than our own, just see that there are people that liked it and didn't like it this winter.
I wasn't attacking anyone. I was simply stating my opinion.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:14 AM

I didn't attack anyone. I just stated facts behind mine that might have caused some shame but I stand by my opinion.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:36 PM

Another nice day here-high in the 60's (getting a little warm, but I'll take what I can get), overcast with a nice breeze. We should be back in the 40's by Wednesday night. I'll say it again-the best winter I can remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida