Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 04:52 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,822,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Not Tampa! I moved there and am from the north and it is no way northern period! Glad I am back home.
Do people say 'please' and 'thank you' in the south? Man I hate when that happens!

I'm only kidding...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 05:44 PM

18,927 posts, read 43,234,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjm256 View Post
I am looking to re-station somewhere with "northern attitudes"...
I here Connecticut is nice.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:42 PM

^^^

Old 03-01-2010, 06:57 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,328,844 times
Quote:

I am looking to re-station somewhere with "northern attitudes"... A little more left-centered with a little less church-goers. I was wondering where in Florida is the most "south-like" and where is the most "north-like."

Thank you for any input.
Let me and a gazillion other northerners know when you've found it!

Old 03-01-2010, 09:47 PM

^^^Perhaps its up north? Gotta love people coming to the south and looking for the characteristics of the north. I thought the point of leaving the north and it's "attitudes" was to do just that - get away from it. Not recreate it down in FL - which has been done. Maybe shoveling some snow isnt too bad after all? Sorry, sometimes I just let it fly. Please forgive me.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 PM

326 posts, read 1,166,010 times
Quote:
Hey Ya'll... Just kidding... I'm a born and raised northerner (chilly old Maine) who migrated down south for education and warm weather.

Since my father lives in Jacksonville, it was easier for me to settle here for awhile, but now I'm ready to set sail elsewhere in the state...

I am looking to re-station somewhere with "northern attitudes"... A little more left-centered with a little less church-goers. I was wondering where in Florida is the most "south-like" and where is the most "north-like."

Don't mean to offend anybody here, hate to generalize like this, but I'm sure you know what I mean...

Thank you for any input.
You want northern attitudes in Florida move to South Florida even NYers complain about the rudeness.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:30 AM

76 posts, read 241,516 times
Quote:
Hey Ya'll... Just kidding... I'm a born and raised northerner (chilly old Maine) who migrated down south for education and warm weather.

Since my father lives in Jacksonville, it was easier for me to settle here for awhile, but now I'm ready to set sail elsewhere in the state...

Don't mean to offend anybody here, hate to generalize like this, but I'm sure you know what I mean...

Thank you for any input.
I live in Orlando Florida and the people in my neighborhood and the surrounding area are some of the most hateful, disrespectful, and rudest people I have ever met in my life. I regret I ever moved from Pennsylvania and bought a home in Florida because this place is not what people think it is once you get here.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:46 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,643,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8move8away8 View Post
I live in Orlando Florida and the people in my neighborhood and the surrounding area are some of the most hateful, disrespectful, and rudest people I have ever met in my life. I regret I ever moved from Pennsylvania and bought a home in Florida because this place is not what people think it is once you get here.
what part of Orlando do you live in?

Old 03-02-2010, 07:53 AM

^^^ I'm gonna guess East Orlando/Waterford Lakes/Avalon Pk areas...

Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 AM

17 posts, read 40,868 times
Hahaha. ComSense, quite alright, I can see your point. . . However, living here in the Sunshine State for (about) two years has been more than enough time for me to fall in love with these blue skies, tropical palm trees and beautiful sunshine. The idea of. . . living in the north, shoveling my car out of three feet of snow, cabin fever for half of the year, the deathly appearance of your enviornment during the dark months, that piercing wind down the back of your throat when you breathe, and you can feel it like needles all the way in your lungs. . . Really, is enough to keep me grounded down here. . . I wore shorts and a tshirt last week, in February, and that is still very incredible to me. . . I am crazy about the outdoors, the fact that I can run around, bikeride, swim, hike, etc. for twelve months out of the year is just... incredible!

The great thing about Florida (and also possibly one of the worst) is that there is a mash of people here, from all over, from all areas of the world. . . So, I don't think it's so much of a stretch to ask where the northeasterners tend to mingle, as like-minded people tend to migrate together. . . And, if not a northerner-attitude, at least somewhere that feels more like a community than a bunch of random, unconnected individuals. . . Jacksonville is a lonely, business-esque city that does nothing for social relationships (twenty minutes to get everywhere, quite interesting actually how that works.)

It would be nice to find an area where shops, bars, schools, homes are all very local.. In walking/biking distance, not stretches of highway... Hear me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida