Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 09:28 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,952 times

Advertisements

what's so hard to figure out?

irish coffee when it's cold, goombay smash when it's hot!

the spring break girls make me laugh this week... freezing in their bikinis!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 09:49 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by On-da-Beach View Post
the spring break girls make me laugh this week... freezing in their bikinis!
Maybe I'm weird but the temps always seem to go up when I'm around them!

Old 03-09-2010, 10:16 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
April/May without A/C at night..not likely, at least not here in Orlando. By mid April I have it running for nearly six straight months at night. During the day its not as importantas it is when sleeping. Those months are real good for swimming though.
My AC doesn't even run all night during July and August.

April and May it is in the 60's and 70's for 12 hours of the day and I usually don't even have the AC on until mid May and it goes back off in October.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:50 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post

April and May it is in the 60's and 70's for 12 hours of the day and I usually don't even have the AC on until mid May and it goes back off in October.
Same here Mike. My AC goes on around mid to late May, and back off in mid October. But people who live in the inland larger cities like Orlando, get much hotter due to lack of seabreeze and the heat sink effect of all the buildings and pavement. It really does matter where in the state you live as to how hot you can feel.

I remember coming home from some trips out of state in the summer, and it would be steaming hot in SC, but way less hot in north Florida. Then driving through some of the inland areas of Florida, again steaming hot, but as soon as I got to Dade City (where we were living at the time) the temps could drop 5 to 10 degrees due to all the hills and shade trees. Lots of microclimates here.

Where we live now near Sarasota Bay, is one of the nicest climates in Florida I have lived. Lots of nice breezes, most of the summer is quite pleasant except for the unusual heat waves that the whole southeast gets once in a while. Personally, I think Florida has a MUCH nicer climate than most of the southeast (or even the midwest) in the summer.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:

now that's the kind of electric bill it would be hard to whine about!

Old 03-09-2010, 12:09 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
Shutting off your AC anytime in July or August will guarantee that you will wake up in a puddle of sweat. Never heard of such a thing in Florida.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Shutting off your AC anytime in July or August will guarantee that you will wake up in a puddle of sweat. Never heard of such a thing in Florida.
I'm not an MD, journalist, but I think a lil old sweating helps rid the body of toxins and keeps one healthy...I know you probably have a link that prooves the opposite!

Old 03-09-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
R.I.F.

I said it does not run all night not that I turn it off. It will come on here and there through the night but certainly does not run all night.

A well insulated house is going to stay much cooler than it is outside during the summer, if someone's AC is running nonstop then they have issues with insulation, weather stripping or something to that effect.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
I'm not an MD, journalist, but I think a lil old sweating helps rid the body of toxins and keeps one healthy...I know you probably have a link that prooves the opposite!
You are correct. That is exactly why many colder countries use saunas and steam baths. It never gets warm enough for the body to naturally sweat out impurities.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:56 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post

Born and still living in Florida my entire life. I may be freezing, but I'm loving this weather. I know the summer heat will be here before you know it.
I enjoy cold weather too - and I'm tired of the whiners complaining how cold FLA has been. I guess we need the tourism $$$$ but other than that, I hope it continues to remain cold as long as possible. Not looking forward to the hotter-than-hell weather this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida