Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:56 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post

NO, you will not find that real "NY style pizza...except maybe in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami locale...and I know that taste...but...that's what vacations are for!
I found it in Orlando, but could not find it in Fort Lauderdale. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 12:01 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
I found it in Orlando, but could not find it in Fort Lauderdale. LOL!

Figures, just make me look stupid! lol....we actually had a great pizzaria in West Bradenton that opened back in 2000 but the owner & wife were in the throes of drugs & divorce a few years back & they closed about two years ago....It was really good if you've had pizza in the city and like that style/taste....oh well.....

Old 07-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Figures, just make me look stupid! lol....we actually had a great pizzaria in West Bradenton that opened back in 2000 but the owner & wife were in the throes of drugs & divorce a few years back & they closed about two years ago....It was really good if you've had pizza in the city and like that style/taste....oh well.....
Ugh, thats Florida for you. The best I found down here is in a gas station in Sunrise. Sounds hard to believe, but I kid you not, you had the loud mouth Bronx Italian guy working there that would cook to suit the taste of the locals AND the transplants. He made one with a really really good sweet sauce on top with an excellent crust. Regardless, like you said, I could care less, because thats what vacations are for!

Old 07-05-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Ugh, thats Florida for you. The best I found down here is in a gas station in Sunrise. Sounds hard to believe, but I kid you not, you had the loud mouth Bronx Italian guy working there that would cook to suit the taste of the locals AND the transplants. He made one with a really really good sweet sauce on top with an excellent crust. Regardless, like you said, I could care less, because thats what vacations are for!

I used to live in Sunrise back in 1985....mom's condo in the infamous Sunrise Lakes Phase 7....oh my gawd!!!!....when Area Code 305 still was!

Old 07-05-2007, 12:18 PM

372 posts, read 859,839 times
As you can tell, I'm from (upstate) NY. My neighbors on both sides on my house are from NY, as well as my neighbor across the street.

Although I'm from NY, I have a native Floridian attitude about people who come here and complain about trivial things like how the pizza sucks in FL, or how bad the humidity is.

It's pretty simple. If you don't like it here, then move. I love Florida!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 12:32 PM

3 posts, read 7,492 times
I live in South Florida and have since birth. I almost NEVER meet anyone who is older then 20, who was born here. Nearly everyone on this side of the state is from the Northeast. Fear not, all are welcome here!

Old 07-05-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I used to live in Sunrise back in 1985....mom's condo in the infamous Sunrise Lakes Phase 7....oh my gawd!!!!....when Area Code 305 still was!
The area around Sunrise Lakes sure has changed, but Sunrise Lakes itself really has not.

Last edited by scirocco22; 07-29-2007 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: poster requested edit

Old 07-05-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychiefsfan View Post
As you can tell, I'm from (upstate) NY. My neighbors on both sides on my house are from NY, as well as my neighbor across the street.

Although I'm from NY, I have a native Floridian attitude about people who come here and complain about trivial things like how the pizza sucks in FL, or how bad the humidity is.

It's pretty simple. If you don't like it here, then move. I love Florida!!!
Honestly, I am glad the good pizza is hard to find. I would be pretty fat if it was everywhere! Florida is great because I can continue to stay active year round.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I am in Sunrise now! 84 South area, a lot of what was "unincorporated Sunrise" has become Davie and Weston now. The area around Sunrise Lakes sure has changed, but Sunrise Lakes itself really has not.
Now ya know, that's where the term, "Condo Comando" originated....LOL!!!, yeah, the E/W roads all ended at Pine Island when I lived there....now, pretty soon, we'll be meeting each other in the middle from the gulf to the atlantic...in another 10 to 15 years.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:28 PM

50 posts, read 171,805 times
Are there Floridians in Florida??? I've lived here for a year and a half and haven't met one native Floridian yet! Everyone is from another state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida