Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 03:39 AM

4 posts, read 6,548 times

Advertisements

Hi!
We are 30+ family of three, European-born. Very liberal and non-judgemental to people.
At the moment we live in Panama City Beach Florida. And we hate it with all the passion! Rednecks, schools that look like barns, nothing around (museums, culture) except the beautiful beach, chain food supermarkets only, etc.-REDNECK RIVIERA: Guns, churches, Republicans to the bone, war likers, in-the-box thinkers.

What we would like to see:

1. Good schools
2. Low crime
3.Normal people, non-conservative non-judgemental community
4. Average house price about 250K +-20K
5. Preferably people that do have common sense
6. Supermarkets that cell real (natural) foods, less chemically influenced food products

WHICH town, location in FL fits our demands the most? PLEASE HELP US!

No NW or Central FL please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 04:05 AM

807 posts, read 3,186,730 times
non-judgemental...that's funny

Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
It's why I tend to consider the area between coastal Ft. Walton Beach and Tallahassee something of a wasteland. Ft. Walton's conservative, but the military folks that dominate the area tend to admit that there were things they really liked about being PCOS'ed to Germany or Japan, and the area ends up with a little more of a cosmopolitan feel than other parts of the panhandle.

To the original poster, do you consider Sarasota to be central Florida? It would be my pick for the peninsula.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:01 AM

4 posts, read 6,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
It's why I tend to consider the area between coastal Ft. Walton Beach and Tallahassee something of a wasteland. Ft. Walton's conservative, but the military folks that dominate the area tend to admit that there were things they really liked about being PCOS'ed to Germany or Japan, and the area ends up with a little more of a cosmopolitan feel than other parts of the panhandle.

To the original poster, do you consider Sarasota to be central Florida? It would be my pick for the peninsula.
Thanks! I'll check it out definitely.
-It is unbelievable, I just posted my thread and conservatives already attacking me...Don't they have better things to do?
We live only once, why not to enjoy your life, be a good person without pressing your views on others. Conservatives are rather strange to me. Personally I do not care if someone is black or gay or whatever. As long as they don't bother my family I do not care what he (she) does. It is their private business: that's the beauty of living in THe US. May we keep the Country the way our predecessors designed it?

Old 04-07-2010, 08:34 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Sounds like you need a bigger city, I would suggest you check out South Florida (West Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties). Tampa and Orlando may be another option but they are more conservative again than South Florida in my opinion. I wouldn't look at Jacksonville at all for you.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellerVR View Post
Thanks! I'll check it out definitely.
-It is unbelievable, I just posted my thread and conservatives already attacking me...Don't they have better things to do?
We live only once, why not to enjoy your life, be a good person without pressing your views on others. Conservatives are rather strange to me. Personally I do not care if someone is black or gay or whatever. As long as they don't bother my family I do not care what he (she) does. It is their private business: that's the beauty of living in THe US. May we keep the Country the way our predecessors designed it?
I think Tallahassee would suit you and it would not be a far move. You should go there and check it out. I don't really care about anyone's politics as long as I don't have to hear about it. The church fanatics are the hardest to take, they can never seem mind their own business. They will actually go out of their way to make your life miserable if you don't believe like them.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:55 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,771,305 times
Im trying to think of a place where there are none of those absurd Holy Rollers in churches who love God , and im wondering if there is a bit of land off of the FLorida coastline (?)

Old 04-07-2010, 02:10 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Im trying to think of a place where there are none of those absurd Holy Rollers in churches who love God , and im wondering if there is a bit of land off of the FLorida coastline (?)

NOT everyone who believes in God is a so called holy roller as you describe.

Believe me there are more who believe in God then who do not, so that would leave the minority non believers on the sinking ship off the coast you mentioned.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:08 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
An Atheist who doesn't shut their mouth is no better.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:16 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellerVR View Post
Hi!
We are 30+ family of three, European-born. Very liberal and non-judgemental to people.
At the moment we live in Panama City Beach Florida. And we hate it with all the passion! Rednecks, schools that look like barns, nothing around (museums, culture) except the beautiful beach, chain food supermarkets only, etc.-REDNECK RIVIERA: Guns, churches, Republicans to the bone, war likers, in-the-box thinkers.

What we would like to see:

1. Good schools
2. Low crime
3.Normal people, non-conservative non-judgemental community
4. Average house price about 250K +-20K
5. Preferably people that do have common sense
6. Supermarkets that cell real (natural) foods, less chemically influenced food products

WHICH town, location in FL fits our demands the most? PLEASE HELP US!

No NW or Central FL please.
you could find something like that in miami

and by the way you explain everybody, you seem to be non-judgemental to the people that are like you.

liberals tend to call themselves "open minded" when in reality their minds are just as closed as the rednecks the criticize
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida