Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:55 PM

50 posts, read 95,779 times

Advertisements

I was in a relationship with a man for 13 years before we had our child. During the course of that relationship I could not have asked for a better provider. When WE got pregnant, he did a 360 in my face. I went from living in a 3400 sg ft home to living in section 8 housing. I got a job and sought the assistance of an attorney because the NCP decided he would only pay for child care and educational expenses. Now this man owns rental property in four states, a truck company, a landscaping business, 3 Edible Arrangement & 4 McDonalds franchises and a handful of hole in the wall bars in the same states as his rental properties. This does not include the businesses or properties he has acquired since he got married. He and his attorney hid his income until he and his attorney were issued an ultimatum from the judge. Produce the tax documents or go to jail for contempt of court. Long story short abut 6 weeks ago I was awarded a lump sum settlement for all the back child support he should have been paying (to be paid within 72 hours after the judgement by certified funds), $5650/month in addition to that (he got married during my 8th month of pregnancy and they file their taxes jointly so my child support payment is a calculation of what that income would be per month. She was just as well off financially as he was), plus he has to pay 50% of her education, 50% for extra curricular activities, provide medical, dental and optical. We are now haggling over visitation. For almost 4 years they have not even so much as sent her a $1 birthday card, now they want visitation arrangements. My heart weeps for the parents that are having problems collecting on what their child is entitled to. It took me almost 4 years, but it has been beneficial for me as for now. Although I am sure he and his shady attorney are going to try and pull a fast one. Stay encouraged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
You should know the person before you get married. Absolutely. personally, I think we need to get rid of divorce too.

A court system is different from setting up a bureaucracy to solve dysfunctional family problems, which is not the government's business.

DCf. DOR. All one and the same. As you know they used to be all one agency.
I got a rep on this thread and I missed this post so I thought I would revive it.

So you want to get rid of divorce also? Does that mean you want people to spend the rest of their lives together even if they hate each other? I would have been miserable for the last 13-14 years.

So you want to get rid of child support enforcement, do you either, not want to give out food stamps and AFDC to a single parent with hungry children or do you no longer want to pursue the other parent of those children for child support? After you answer this I can further answer your statement about getting rid of DOR.

DCF and DOR not at all the same, they share information in some cases but certainly not all. Does a homeless single man with no children who is getting food stamps need DOR services? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: