Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 06:40 PM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
I can't wait until it's December and it's nice enough to do things outside again.

Why would anyone move to a tropical state to isoloate themselves?

I love the HOT HOT HOT weather and I'm in the RIGHT state for it. I'm not trapped. In fact, I hate A/C - the only reason I've got the A/C on now is for my puppy. I love wearing shorts but I can't wear them and go about my business because everywhere I go, I'm freezing in shorts in A/C buildings! Go figure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 08:46 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
^^^I am glad you aren't trapped by the heat, some of us are trapped in by the heat. There are Native Floridians that feel trapped by the heat, I am one of them actually, so didn't move here. I get headaches and have fainted actually from the heat. I also get super red and overheat very easy once the temps reach 75 degrees actually. My body just never got used to the heat and humidity here, I really don't know how my ancestors every lived here without A/C. I am glad to know that there are others out there that also feel trapped in by the heat and that I am not alone.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:40 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
I get skin issues when it gets like this. I break out around my neck, get heat rashes. When it is hot and super humid, I even have acute Asthma problems, I never had before...

Old 05-11-2010, 06:50 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
We are definitely all different. I love the heat and humidity, I love the way it makes my skin feel moist and my joints and muscles don't ache. Sure, I would rather not have the "dog days" of July and August when the humidity gets uncomfortably high, but for me it's a small price to pay to have weather I love 8-9 months of the year. I despise cold, dry weather, or cold rainy weather.

Even within Florida, the climate differs in terms of how comfortable one may feel. For me, it's perfect living near the Gulf coast.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:47 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Why would anyone move to a tropical state to isoloate themselves?

I love the HOT HOT HOT weather and I'm in the RIGHT state for it. I'm not trapped. In fact, I hate A/C - the only reason I've got the A/C on now is for my puppy. I love wearing shorts but I can't wear them and go about my business because everywhere I go, I'm freezing in shorts in A/C buildings! Go figure!

I can honestly say, that's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that. Living in FL makes it that much more interesting!

Old 05-11-2010, 04:46 PM

289 posts, read 569,982 times
Man I wish I was in Florida right now. But alas I am still stuck in TN. But I work with a guy who moved from Michigan 2 years ago & he's been complaining about our heat for the last month or 2. And of course I'm like "it's not hot yet, it's just alittle toasty out."

Heck Im setting here right now, it's 74 outside & I'm wearing a lite sweatshirt & my feet are freezing. I would kill for swimming weather right now. I'd also kill to be able to move to Daytona right now.

I LOVE the heat.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:06 PM

9 degrees difference from here in the Pit Myers area, to Melbourne. AND WAYYYYY less humid. Hmmmm? Job was offered up there to me tonight, more north in FL, maybe this will help my attitude if I go more north in FL???

Old 05-11-2010, 07:39 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
9 degrees difference from here in the Pit Myers area, to Melbourne. AND WAYYYYY less humid. Hmmmm? Job was offered up there to me tonight, more north in FL, maybe this will help my attitude if I go more north in FL???
Didn't you always say you would be happier in north Florida? And even though Melbourne isn't really north, I remember you saying you loved it there. What have you got to lose at this point? why not give it a try - I moved around a few times in Florida before I found my happy place where I am now. It can make all the difference in the world.

good luck!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:40 PM

776 posts, read 1,673,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Didn't you always say you would be happier in north Florida? And even though Melbourne isn't really north, I remember you saying you loved it there. What have you got to lose at this point? why not give it a try - I moved around a few times in Florida before I found my happy place where I am now. It can make all the difference in the world.

good luck!
From weather.com average temps for the month of May:
Ft Myers 89/68
Melbourne 85/66
St Augustine 82/65
Miami 87/72

The May temps in St Augustine are almost identical to the averages for Miami in March of 81/64

Average Weather for Fort Myers, FL - Temperature and Precipitation

Old 05-11-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post

good luck!
That's what I am thinking right now. I could even put my daughter in the school she started kindergarten in. No school choice there to deal with. I look all the time in North Florida, see lots of jobs in what I do. From Sarasota north, east and west FL, all the way to Jax. I really need to get out of SWFL, I think that is my whole problem. It would be a lot cheaper of a move....

Thanks Gypsy for the encouragement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida