Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:55 PM

627 posts, read 2,849,612 times

Advertisements

SKB, that pole is not legit, it only reflects what someone clicked, here on the forum... I know that most people outside the forum (the ones I know at least) do not make that much... especially when nearly 80% of the kids in the school my youngest one attends to get "Free" or "Reduced" lunches at their Title 1 facility. I wish I could qualify!

You have to take all this with at grain of salt.

Last edited by MyHomeIsInOcala; 06-13-2007 at 02:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 02:20 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,204,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Hey Kort, you are the money bags remember? You may laugh and say NJ has nothing for sale under 300K what is the median salary in NJ?

Come on down and get a job that pays peanuts an hour in Florida and see what you can afford to purchase for at 2.5 times your salary even with a combined income most people in Florida don't make that much.

I chuckled when I saw everyone on the pole making 100K a year another crock of - - - - .
ESTIMATED STATE MEDIAN INCOME, BY FAMILY SIZE AND BY STATE, FEDERAL FISCAL YEAR 2004 (http://tinyurl.com/d6n2a - broken link)

In South Florida, Median Household Incomes Should Rise Steadily in 2007 - Florida Home Loan (http://tinyurl.com/2wov2n - broken link)
that is not my problem, I wouldn't dream of coming to FLA in search of riches. fla is not a place that you go to in order to make riches, even though there's plenty of people who do ok in FLA, most people who come to FLA have already made their money elsewhere.
I know it's tough for you to believe it but there's 18 or so million people in FLA, some of them are doing quite well, think about it, if only 10% of the people are making 6 figures that's almost 2 million people, that's a significant amount of people who make "big bucks" maybe you and your crowd aren't in the higher income brackets but that doesn't mean it isn't doable.

If someone if FLA is unable to afford a 150k home in FLA, I doubt that they would be able to afford to much in any other locality.
you're the one who is the big shot manager in a credit dept of a big bank, maybe you should come up to jax there are jobs with banks here that pay decent salaries or there's charlotte NC which is the new banking capital of the east or you could shoot the moon and go to NYC, the financial capital of the world.
There's a lot of money to be made there, then you could consider FLA

jealousy is a strong and corrosive emotion, something that people shoudn't saddle themselves with.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Funny how Alabama incomes aren't far from Florida's. Yet look at how much more you get in Al than in Fl.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:30 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,204,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Funny how Alabama incomes aren't far from Florida's. Yet look at how much more you get in Al than in Fl.
that's always an option, if you can't afford FLA, try AL

Old 06-13-2007, 02:30 PM

627 posts, read 2,849,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
That is true! we have 27 acres and a 2800 sq ft home there, all for under $130K. The schools are about the same too.

But, you go where the Power Plants need ya! (at least we do... I Liked P'Cola FAR more than Central Fl)

Old 06-13-2007, 03:09 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,498,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHomeIsInOcala View Post
SKB, that pole is not legit, it only reflects what someone clicked, here on the forum... I know that most people outside the forum (the ones I know at least) do not make that much... especially when nearly 80% of the kids in the school my youngest one attends to get "Free" or "Reduced" lunches at their Title 1 facility. I wish I could qualify!

You have to take all this with at grain of salt.
You are correct in saying that, I am learning more and more to take this entire board with a grain of salt.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:22 PM

372 posts, read 860,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
I was defending my position as someone who does know a few things about finance, as you accused me of not knowing anything about finance. Finances encompasses a lot of things far deeper than just buying housing.

I may not have been on Wall Street and I may not know much about investing in the stock market but I do know so far in my life I have planned and worked out things very successfully in matters of financial decisions.

As far as real estate, I have some experience in this as I have owned four houses that I lived in and sold over the years starting in 1984 (I was 19 and bought my first brand new home)
I have seen buyers markets and I have seen sellers markets. My father was a real estate broker for 35 years and he had his own company. We had plenty of talks about real estate over the years.
I am not remotely convinced that this is a buyers market, this is a fools market in my opinion right now.

This back and forth argument is not doing anything. I am not going to change my mind and you are not going to change your position either.

Why don't we just take a wait and see attitude right now? If I am wrong I will have egg all over my face and you can rub it in ok?

If I am right, you can extend me the same courtesy.
pssst: you're right

Old 06-13-2007, 03:23 PM

251 posts, read 885,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by info please View Post
well i will say i heard today forclosers our up 90% from a year ago and florida is # 4 on the list
Business: Mortgage breakdown in Florida

Actually according to this article Florida is:

1st in the number of homes entering the foreclosure process (29, 530).

1st in the share of homes entering foreclosure that were either condos or townhomes (14 percent).

2nd in the proportion of homes entering foreclosure (1 in every 245).

4th in the rate of increase since April (22 percent).

You can read all the numbers good or bad but all I can say is that in my neighborhood there are more houses then ever that aren't selling and in our County there are a record number of foreclosures (5800) I have lived here all my life and have never seen it so bad. I am sure mostly due to high insurance and taxes. I call it the "cleansing" of Florida....can't afford it...aren't a millionaire...get out!

Old 06-13-2007, 03:38 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineState View Post
Business: Mortgage breakdown in Florida

Actually according to this article Florida is:

1st in the number of homes entering the foreclosure process (29, 530).

1st in the share of homes entering foreclosure that were either condos or townhomes (14 percent).

2nd in the proportion of homes entering foreclosure (1 in every 245).

4th in the rate of increase since April (22 percent).

You can read all the numbers good or bad but all I can say is that in my neighborhood there are more houses then ever that aren't selling and in our County there are a record number of foreclosures (5800) I have lived here all my life and have never seen it so bad. I am sure mostly due to high insurance and taxes. I call it the "cleansing" of Florida....can't afford it...aren't a millionaire...get out!
I agree! Where i live on the Gulf in Pasco county FL, you cant give a home away! Insurace for a $350,000 home on the water here is around $16,000, even a small 2/2 away from the water can be as much $8000+.

Homes that were going for $150,000 in 05 have been sitting for over a year and prices have come down to under $120,000 and they still sit!

Old 06-13-2007, 03:40 PM

165 posts, read 657,047 times
I SAY BE THE MASTER OF YOUR OWN SHIP . Do what you feel is right for yourself. I can say this I sold a home in Windermere fl 18 months ago . It's for sale today for a lower price. I will say also we never had anything like this before in the market only time will tell the outcome. I am leaving the state but I did enjoy our time here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida