Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:40 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,651,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
could it be that you just pissed the guy off and he wrote you up for everything he could find? The theory is throw everything on the wall and then see what sticks.
I did planning and zoning in NJ and the applicants attitude always determined how he was treated, I never made up things but there can be a broadening of the interpretations of the code, and unless it is an egregious abuse of authority or an arbitrary and capricious interpretation of the codes, there aren't too many ways for someone to fight back, next time you have to deal with an inspector try some honey, I guess that might be against your ways, but it can save you a lot of problems down the road.
This is the problem, we need to get rid of individuals who command this type of power. Play with the value of someone else's property, and treat them the way you see fit. Most zoning codes are by their nature, ambiguous. Perhaps 1/2 are unconstitutional. Yet they are usually directed toward the uneducated, poor and downtrodden- easy targets. Power hungry ghouls get their jollies harassing society's most vulnerable people. I say let's cut off the code enforcement nonsense and send them to catch gators or clean up crack town. If you don't like the way your neighbor's home looks, buy it! If you know of a zoning inspector harassing a friend, do something about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 09:42 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,651,377 times

Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,184,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
You are describing a person who is not qualified for the job. Thank you for making my case. The biggest part of the job is dealing with the public. Making up things because your ego was hurt when you were shown to be wrong and a bit of an idiot is not part of the job.

I had one inspector here to inspect a second story roof who was afraid to climb the ladder and inspect it. He just asked me questions and passed it. Like I said, how do these guys get these jobs?
all that you say can be true, but you are pissing in the wind trying to fight back the way you are.
Here's the golden rule: he who has the gold makes the rules and in this case the inspector is holding all the gold, so my advice would be to learn how to suck it up and make the jerk feel like he is in control, because the reality is, he is in control, regardless of your opinion of his qualifications.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
This is the problem, we need to get rid of individuals who command this type of power. Play with the value of someone else's property, and treat them the way you see fit. Most zoning codes are by their nature, ambiguous. Perhaps 1/2 are unconstitutional. Yet they are usually directed toward the uneducated, poor and downtrodden- easy targets. Power hungry ghouls get their jollies harassing society's most vulnerable people. I say let's cut off the code enforcement nonsense and send them to catch gators or clean up crack town. If you don't like the way your neighbor's home looks, buy it! If you know of a zoning inspector harassing a friend, do something about it.
I see my advice zoomed right by you.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:52 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,160,206 times
Quote:
all that you say can be true, but you are pissing in the wind trying to fight back the way you are.
Here's the golden rule: he who has the gold makes the rules and in this case the inspector is holding all the gold, so my advice would be to learn how to suck it up and make the jerk feel like he is in control, because the reality is, he is in control, regardless of your opinion of his qualifications.
If you had actually been following this thread and read my first responce you would know how I think.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
If you had actually been following this thread and read my first responce you would know how I think.
you can tilt at windmills all you like, but it won't solve your problems, you need to learn how to deal with these people and fighting and being argumentative is rarely a good option.
Good Luck and may all your dreams come true

Old 06-15-2007, 10:07 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,160,206 times
Quote:
you can tilt at windmills all you like, but it won't solve your problems, you need to learn how to deal with these people and fighting and being argumentative is rarely a good option.
Good Luck and may all your dreams come true
Did you even bother to read my first responce to this thread before responding to me?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Did you even bother to read my first responce to this thread before responding to me?
so we're in agreement, maybe someone else will appreciate my insights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida