Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 01:18 PM
MB2 MB2 started this thread

3,496 posts, read 9,431,945 times

Advertisements

I am just curious.....
Is there ANY place in FL, where you can STILL get the home and property for your bucks worth, where people are nice and curtious, where the taxes and HOI are at a "normal" level, like they should be.....
I never really hear anything from further up north...like Tallahassee.....Panama City...etc.
I am STILL wandering around, looking for a nice place to call home...and we are LOOKING!
Am I looking for the impossible here?
Any ideas, info?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 01:26 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,190,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
I am just curious.....
Is there ANY place in FL, where you can STILL get the home and property for your bucks worth, where people are nice and curtious, where the taxes and HOI are at a "normal" level, like they should be.....
I never really hear anything from further up north...like Tallahassee.....Panama City...etc.
I am STILL wandering around, looking for a nice place to call home...and we are LOOKING!
Am I looking for the impossible here?
Any ideas, info?
Did you do a search? They talk about Tallahassee and the panhandle on here all the time

Old 06-15-2007, 01:36 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,291,928 times
Why are you limiting yourself to PA and FL ???

Just curious.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Why are you limiting yourself to PA and FL ???

Just curious.
Hi there
Also checked out TN, NC, PA.......
Just curious if the HOI and taxes is an issue all over FL......or just confined into certain areas.
After living in FL for over 4 years, I have the feeling, that I didn't do enough research, and should have maybe done more.
Not trying to be a smarty pants......

Last edited by MB2; 06-15-2007 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-15-2007, 02:52 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,585,763 times
Default What About

Georgia...........seems everyone is looking to go somewhere else but Fl.
My daughter-in-law's mother moved to Georgia last May, 1 hour from Atlanta
into a gated community with pool, clubhouse, 2/2/2 for $121,000. Joined the local church, got into the ladies groups, got a job driving a schoolbus and is completely happy with the move. The town is Newnan.

TN.....has its advantages, NC also from what I've heard nice. Wish I had the
right answers for you. Seems we're all looking..........I ruled out TN, Myrtle
Beach, SC and will be heading to NC in the near future. Good luck on your quest

Old 06-15-2007, 02:56 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,741,743 times
Right now, most of Florida is ruined. You will not find a good deal until this fool's bubble pops. Remember, before the 1980's there was never a problem with finding affordable Florida living, except the fool's bubble of the mid-20's. The good times will be back, but it may be a lot longer than we hope as plenty of delusional property owners need to turn a profit. Keep an eye on the hurricane season this year as well.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:28 PM

Thank's for the good info's and head's up.
I always like to hear someone elses point of view, because I am always overlooking some (so it seems).
Thank's again, guys, (I asked the very question, because I knew I can count on your input....lol)

Old 06-15-2007, 06:27 PM

246 posts, read 1,018,715 times
From what I am hearing northern FL is still cheaper than S & SW FL. Don't know where you are right now, but I am in SW and have been looking up in northern FL (Jax area, not jax) and housing prices are much cheaper than where I am and have heard HOI is also. I haven't done a lot of research, just started looking.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 PM

172 posts, read 856,882 times
the answer is no

Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
We are relocating to Lakeland. It is a real undiscovered gem, IMO. Center of Fla., midway between Tampa and Orlando, it has a good economy all it's own, and commuting distance to either of the big cities. Taxes and HOI are among the lowest in the state, and there are some great bargains on homes. Throw in the fact that it has a strong sense of community, a beautifully restored downtown that supports the arts and and incredible number of gorgeous parks and public recreation amenities, and I have to ask myself how I managed to live so close (35 miles) for so long without discovering this place.

What's nice is that it is not a "tourist trap" and also has that nice "old Florida" feel that is getting so hard to find.

Good luck from one "gypsy" to another!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida