Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:17 AM
SKB SKB started this thread

900 posts, read 3,497,680 times

Advertisements

Lets step away for a moment and forget for a bit the housing situation.

Tell me people, what fun event is happening in your town, city etc..

Fairs, rodeos, concerts, food tasting events, dog shows, what ever.

Since I am moving to WPB what is there going in Florida that would be fun to go to outside of the Parks for course.

Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 11:19 AM

172 posts, read 856,882 times
nothing goin on in southwest florida as usual

i think theres a bingo tournament or somethin in fort myers somewhere.

same ol same ol

Old 06-07-2007, 11:33 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,190,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post

Since I am moving to WPB what is there going in Florida that would be fun to go to outside of the Parks for course.

Anyone?
There never seems to be anything free anymore. When they do have something like the Air Show the city rapes you for like $10.00 just to park your car and $3.00 for a bottle of water. We were going to go to the performing arts center the other night to see the Lion King till we found the tickets would have cost us $240. This is the same arts center when they were building it with our tax dollars said it would be accessible to every one. That changed quick though. They even did photo opts with groups of poor black children using them as props like they would get free tickets and exposed to this wonderful culture. I doubt any of them ever got anywhere near that place again after it opened. Anything that goes on here is never anything more then a way to get into your pocket. Fort Lauderdale I am referring to.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:40 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,982 times
SKB - I have only visited WPB--spent 6 weeks there on business, but loved every minute of it. The houses along the beaches are breath taking, and the stories about the owners are fun. The restaurants are excellent. I realize I wasn't living there, but we considered it after my stay there. Good luck in your move. You and your family have worked hard for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post

Anyone?

Old 06-07-2007, 12:10 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,274,471 times

~taste of pinellas was last week. there are dog agility trials about every other weekends around the Tampa area(palmetto sometimes). I dont know when tampa has their food fair ...but taste of pinellas was fun ...Florida orchestra is here so there are always concerts

~the trails, parks and beach ...honeymoon island has a doggie beach(that's far fomr WPB tho) ....there is actually a website that has outdoor event in individual cities throughout florida ...I'll try and find it.

Busch Gardens has a deal ...buy one pass and get in free for the rest of the years ...if you go there after 3 you don't pay parking. We go there sometimes to eat at the colonial house and look at the stinky elephants

...that's all I got for now ....lowry park zoo has a new penguin exhibit and there is a wild cat sanctuary somewhere in the Citrus park Tampa area. You can take tours at night, which are suppose to be cool(both in the Tampa area ...but still places to check out)

...ohhh one more ....MOSI has a pirate exhibit right now

I haven't been to any of the outdoor stuff as it is to hot right now.
We plan on checking out the wild cat sanctuary in the winter.
Anyone?

Old 06-07-2007, 01:59 PM

Thanks guys, and gals.

What is a pinellea? sounds good. I love good ethic food, and I love Cuban sandwiches the best and of course my Mothers Pirogies.

The bingo tourney sounds fab.

I think it is pretty standard to get charged money for parking etc at air shows and rodeos and the like. That doesn't turn me away, people got to make a living.
Definitely want to go to Busch Gardens, I wonder if that is like Bouchard Gardens in Victoria BC?
It is an amazing place too.

I am looking forward to seeing Disney again, I saw the Epcot once on a run through day trip for my old job. I really liked what I saw on that whirlwind day.

Thanks Kelly for the dog beach, I will need that for my boys.

I never did see any zoos in Montreal, I heard about them but they really don't have anything special.
They do have the Biodome which is really cool with the penguins.

I think the nicest zoo I ever saw was in San Diego, it was the biggest zoo I believe in the USA at that time back in 1984.

Montreal is loaded with festivals we are about to have the jazz festival, it is a huge event. Of course we never went even one time. This year we are going to see it since it's are last chance living here.

We everyone have a great day.

I need to find a furnished rental house that takes pets for Sept for two months.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:09 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,274,471 times
ahahaha Pinellas is a county in the Tampa Bay area.
Taste of Pinellas is a combo of all local restuarants and whatnot coming together in a fair like atmosphere w/ music. It's fun.

Epcot has wine festivals and flower festivals throughout the year.
Disney ....go in the winter, it's so hot in the summer and gets old quick, but in the winter they have spectacular fireworks shows at night.

I don't know about a boidome but I do know lowry park zoo is one of the cleanest zoos I've been too. and the animals aren't in cages ....they have habitats.

I bet there are doggie parks and beaches closer to WBP.

dog parks : FloridaPets.net - Pet-friendly places to play in Florida
...be ready to have flea protection year round and some months are aweful and our dog needs it applied every 3 weeks. We use advanticks due to the ticks out in the country.

Good luck finding a rental

Old 06-07-2007, 02:15 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,371,225 times
There is lots happening in south Florida ... here are some starting points:

Fort Lauderdale Florida Attractions and Activities

Things to do - Outdoor Activities in Miami, FL

Guide to restaurants, bars, events, attractions and travel in Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Miami and South Florida: SouthFlorida.com

Fort Lauderdale events, West Palm Beach events, Miami events: SouthFlorida.com

Entertainment, events, restaurants, music, clubs & art in Palm Beach, Treasure Coast & South Florida (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/entertainment/content/entertainment/homepage/index.html - broken link)

For nearby rodeos:
Jackpot Rodeo: SouthFlorida.com (http://www.southflorida.com/events/22670,0,2230881.event - broken link)

Calendar of Events

I could go on -- but who said nothing was happening down here?? Have a fun!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 03:04 PM

Wow, that is a ton of links, thanks so much.

I feel like a bo bo head now, Kelly I had heard of Pinella country but never made that connection.
Kelly the Sentinel works for fleas, heart worm, hook and whip worms.

I will only need to give Bailey something else due to him being on Heart Guard.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:13 PM

627 posts, read 2,849,069 times
Default Ocala events:

This weekend we have the following events!

6/8/07 4 H Rabbit Show
6/8-10/07 Palomino Horse Show
both at the Southern Livestock Pavilion, here in Ocala

OH, we also have an Art Exhibit by the Ocala Art Group on Friday, it will be hosted at the Chamber of Commerce!

Other than that, I might sit in a lawn chair and have my Boxer fetch a tennis ball while I drink a Beer or maybe a Margarita. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida