Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 07:12 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
How about those in New Orleans?I don't know how to write it- Beinegh something like that.real good! I had those 7 years ago. Those are like donuts.
They are good. I haven't been to the French Quarter but people say you must go to Cafe Du Monde and have the beignets and the chicory coffee.

Must be what gives John Grisham his creative buzz?

beignets>>>
beignet - Definitions from Dictionary.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 07:32 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Thanks for the spelling.Cafe du Monde was the place to be and be seen.Great memorie!It is almost in the French Quarters but not quite.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:55 PM

Sounds like you know it well. Glad they are getting NOLA put back together.

Back to forbidden delicacies--

My mother used to deep fry a light batter--sort of sweet, but not too-she would dip a hot cast iron mold--one was a butterfly and then sprinkle powdered sugar on the finished product.

Very tasty. LOL--in the South --'We fry everything'
She would make some little doughnuts in the deep fryer and they were very good on a cold morning.

And--the fried pies--death by cholesterol--best fried pies--cherry, peach and apple are at the Varsity, near Ga Tech.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:59 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Can I come to your home? I love your mom

Old 06-24-2007, 03:45 PM

3,287 posts, read 9,183,864 times
I don't care HOW it's spelled but if you can lay your hot little hands on a box of KK donuts when that sign says *hot donuts now* DO SO. YOU will have died and gone to heaven. There is absolutely NOTHING BETTER! LOL

Liz

Old 06-25-2007, 12:44 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Did anyone catch Paula Dean making bread pudding from krispy kremes? I also heard about a bacon cheeseburger that some ball park makes where the buns are replaced with krispy kreme donuts - I think when you eat one you can hear your arteries flapping shut.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:42 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,481,285 times
I posted the recipe in its' own thread. <slurp>

Old 06-25-2007, 02:50 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,889,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
... so my friend swerved across three lanes of traffic and made a u-turn to pick up some hot doughnuts because he wanted me to taste them. I couldn't really understand what the big deal was. And then I tasted them.....

Oh my GOD were these things good. I saw heaven, and it was shaped like a warm glazed pastry with a hole in the middle. Has anyone else ever had these?
Nope, Dull. You're the only one... with the only friend who would swerve across traffic for a Krispy Kreme... the only one ever... it's an urban legend... you & your donut/doughnut loving friend...

First time I ever had them was at 2am driving from Atlanta to Tupulo. We passed through Birmingham & I'll fondly remember getting sugar shock while eating 4 hot jelly & 2 hot lemon doughnuts. I never eat sweets, but that's how delicious they were. I even forgot how mad I was that I was woken up so we could stop. I was WIDE awake to drive afterwards, however.

I'm so happy they're only 2 stores I know of in the suburbs of Boston, so I'm not tempted to drive thru/through for a donut/doughnut.

Actually, I just remembered, they do sell them at Store 24's here. There's a display case & I'm sure they deliver daily. Ah, great, thanks... how I loathe you at this moment, Dull... Where are my shoes? ... VV

Old 06-25-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Did anyone catch Paula Dean making bread pudding from krispy kremes? I also heard about a bacon cheeseburger that some ball park makes where the buns are replaced with krispy kreme donuts - I think when you eat one you can hear your arteries flapping shut.
I saw that--KK bread pudding. Too rich for me. I would rather have the KK.

They make wedding cakes with the original, glazed doughnuts, too.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:39 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I also heard about a bacon cheeseburger that some ball park makes where the buns are replaced with krispy kreme donuts - I think when you eat one you can hear your arteries flapping shut.
I bet you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink