Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:15 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times

Advertisements

What about pizza delivery? Most people love that. No cooking...casual eating together with no worries about behaving proper or anything. That's more of a fun thing to do, I believe.
Hang out together like you've been together for a long while. Easy conversation, some humor and laughs together....and it doesn't have to be "wine", either. Have a choice of beverages available. Wine or beer...soda/pop....even cold bottled water.
That's more my style...works great, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 11:31 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
What about pizza delivery? Most people love that. No cooking...casual eating together with no worries about behaving proper or anything. That's more of a fun thing to do, I believe.
Hang out together like you've been together for a long while. Easy conversation, some humor and laughs together....and it doesn't have to be "wine", either. Have a choice of beverages available. Wine or beer...soda/pop....even cold bottled water.
That's more my style...works great, too!
Unless the OP already promised to cook -- and WANTS to cook -- I absolutely LOVE this idea.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I would make something that you cook very well. Then you don't have to worry how it's going to turn out. When I was dating a million years ago, the first dinner that I cooked was always spaghetti and meatballs with Sunday gravy. That's still the family favorite. It did not require me to stay in the kitchen and it was always a big hit. However, I would also consider using your grill. He would probably like to help you with that and that's always a good start. If he looks like he's never seen a grill, you can make your decision rather quickly. Have a good time and good luck! And I agree, he should be bringing the wine.
Ahhhhhh only real old school Italians or those in the know call it "Sunday Gravy" That or you are a Sopranos junky.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 08-03-2010 at 11:56 AM..

Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times
Rachael Ray has the perfect dish for this event!

You Won't Be Single For Long Vodka Cream Pasta Recipe : Rachael Ray : Food Network

Old 08-03-2010, 12:05 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Unless the OP already promised to cook -- and WANTS to cook -- I absolutely LOVE this idea.
There, you see? Jeremy, you lucky dog!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:08 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Avoid potential allergens like strawberries and shellfish. I made that mistake twice.

One date spoke up, one didn't. The date that didn't speak up ended up dosing with large amounts of Benedryl - not a fun date at all.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:09 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
Can we just drink wine as our dinner? Kidding!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:20 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
There, you see? Jeremy, you lucky dog!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU're the best!

To the OP, proudvoter: You know what? If this is meant to be, it doesn't matter WHAT you give him for dinner. If it's a complete food distaster, but you guys have chemistry, you'll both laugh about the first date snafu. But if there's no chemistry, the food could be incredibly delicious, and PFFFT! So don't worry about the food so much -- just make what's comfortable and easy for you, even if it's a phone call to order pizza. Concentrate on some nice conversation, a lot of laughs, and some great fun.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:31 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
I vote for something that you make well (so you won't be stressing out over something new to make) and I would make something that doesn't require you to make a la minute. You, hopefully will get distracted and you don't want to burn something.

I would consider making a lasagna. You could always make your own sauce/gravy a day or too ahead, assemble and then throw it in the oven when you are ready. You could serve a salad to go with it - that you could assemble last minute. Whatever you chose, make it easy on yourself so you can enjoy your date!

Maybe you could quiz him on what some of his favorite dishes are?

Old 08-03-2010, 01:05 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
I just spoke with him - and he confirmed he is bringing the wine! Is he a keeper!? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink