Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 07:04 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,042,483 times

Advertisements

With ripe juicy berries and a sprinkle of sugar if I'm feeling splurgy. I sometimes add it to a dish of pasta with marinara when I feel like ricotta but don't have any. Anything Mexican of course. Italian perogies aka ravioli especially meat ravioli. And of course chili, especially if it's really spicy.

Don't always have it in the house because I don't want it to become a staple. If it's in the fridge it's always beckoning. Has anyone else seen the new Daisy packaging? It's in a big squeeze tube. Very convenient and helps it last a lot longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 06:01 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Borscht??? I wonder where you get this delicious soup to eat...
Something tells me that you make a good borscht....

If not, Eastern Europe. The best borscht I ever had was in Lvov. With sour cream, of course.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:40 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Sour cream is my go too for sauces, baking soft cookies, and my taco dips! Cream cheese/salsa/sour cream...Spices...Yum!

Old 03-26-2017, 07:40 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Sour cream is a staple in our household. We always buy the ginormous Knudsen sour cream tub at Costco, and we never have any go to waste.

Great in Mexican dishes, a requirement for many Hungarian dishes, love it in savory and sweet recipes.

I'm still trying to track down the banana bread recipe that uses sour cream, all the ladies at my work talk about it but I've never tried it. I've usually used the recipe from the Del Monte banana bag.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:25 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
I like sour cream a lot (but not enough to sit and eat a bowl of it), but I only buy Daisy brand since it is the only one I can find locally that has a single ingredient, cultured cream.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:35 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
My grandmother used to eat that combination. I tried it -- it's delicious.
LOVE it with bananas! My grandmother introduced me to this delight too!

I love the sour contrasted with the sweet of the bananas.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:56 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
LOVE it with bananas! My grandmother introduced me to this delight too!

I love the sour contrasted with the sweet of the bananas.
Exactly! It's such a great combination.

So funny that your grandmother did the same. Was her name Annie too?

Old 03-27-2017, 02:44 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Exactly! It's such a great combination.

So funny that your grandmother did the same. Was her name Annie too?
Ok I am going to try sour cream and bananas. I might switch it up and try it for breakfast instead of my usual yogurt, granola and banana. I'll add sour cream to my shopping list this weekend.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:11 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Default Sour cream?

I don't understand the appeal of sour cream.

I was at a restaurant and I ordered a baked potato with my meal. I assumed it would only come with butter (which I like) but it also had some sour cream. Well, I tired it and it tasted... sour! Who would like something that tastes sour? Same thing with potato chips. I would never buy those that are sour.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:17 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I don't understand the appeal of sour cream.

I was at a restaurant and I ordered a baked potato with my meal. I assumed it would only come with butter (which I like) but it also had some sour cream. Well, I tired it and it tasted... sour! Who would like something that tastes sour? Same thing with potato chips. I would never buy those that are sour.
So, because you don't like it - it should be banned?
I LOVE sour cream, and so lots of other people.
You tried and you don't and that's perfectly fine. Stay away of it.
You don't like sour and I don't like sweet or salty. Other people don't like bitter, or astringent.
That's fine. Everyone has right to like what they like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink