Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:37 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times

Advertisements

Have you ever been in the drive-thru of a fast food place during lunch peak hours, wait on line for a while, place your order, wait some more, pick up your order, go back to your job, once thereyou open the bag and they mess up your order?
Can you share your stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 09:52 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Two times I've purchased a mandarin chicken salad at a Wendy's drive-thru, only to get to work or home and find out they left off the chicken! They've also left out the dressing packets a couple of times. Now, I pull over in the parking lot and check my bags before I leave to make sure everything I paid for is there!

There have also been a few times, not recently, though, when I got so tired of waiting after I placed my order that I pulled out of the line and left without my order (hadn't paid yet).

Old 09-17-2010, 10:35 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Several times I’ve been disappointed with the food order after I’ve arrived at home and found missing or wrong items inside the bag.

I’ve phoned the store that I picked up the order from and told them about the issue. They always apologize and tell me to return for the correction. I always give them my address and ask them to deliver the order to my home instead. They reply that they can’t do that, in return I always ask why do they expect “me” to return to their location ,,,, “they made the mistake” not me.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:16 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Several times I’ve been disappointed with the food order after I’ve arrived at home and found missing or wrong items inside the bag.

I’ve phoned the store that I picked up the order from and told them about the issue. They always apologize and tell me to return for the correction. I always give them my address and ask them to deliver the order to my home instead. They reply that they can’t do that, in return I always ask why do they expect “me” to return to their location ,,,, “they made the mistake” not me.
And do they have someone come by with the goods? I've never tried this tactic but I like it!

Old 09-18-2010, 07:19 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
I've been to an Arby's and waited probably about 20 minutes for two sandwiches. They weren't wrong, it just seemed like a lot of time to make two sandwiches when there was no actual "cooking" involved. If I recall correctly, they didn't thank me for my order and were generally pretty surly. All I know, is that I've never gone back there.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:34 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,874,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Have you ever been in the drive-thru of a fast food place during lunch peak hours, wait on line for a while, place your order, wait some more, pick up your order, go back to your job, once thereyou open the bag and they mess up your order?
Can you share your stories?
That's why I check my order before pulling away. Knock on wood but I haven't had a messed up order in a while. The thing that bugs me is when they ask you to park and bring your order out to you - it's supposed to be a drive through, not a drive through, park and wait.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:23 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Good morning friends....

I never, ever go to the drive through window. It's much better to just go inside and get your food. I know it shouldn't be so, but when you go to the drive through window you are taking the inefficient route.
what did I just say

Old 09-18-2010, 08:56 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
One of my pet peeves is trying to get the Taco Bell workers to understand that I don't want the spicy sauce in my Chicken Quesadilla and they always put it on. Maybe I am calling it something wrong, but it's spicy cheese sauce right? I am referring to the orange colored sauce.

Another thing I don't like is the fast food places where they fill your drink or you and you end up with 80% ice and 20% soda.

I also wish more fast food chains had Pepsi instead of gross Coke.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:08 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,163,942 times
I always have bad experiences at Wendys.

I went to the one closest to me a few weeks back. I ordered 2 5 piece chicken nuggets, a value fry, and one of the 99 cent hamburgers without mayo. I asked for a pack of honey mustard and a pack of ranch dipping sauce. Simple enough, right?

I got home and had 9 hard chicken nuggets, no sauce, a burger with mayo only, a half box of old fries, no napkins... I ended up throwing it all away and I went to Burger King. Ordered some of the dollar things there only to find out that they are no longer a dollar.

I was far to angry to drive back to Wendys that day. I don't think it would have been pretty if I had!

Old 09-18-2010, 10:27 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
I never go to the drive in lane, for that reason. The other reason is that it usually faster to park, walk inside to the counter, get your order to go, check it for accuracy, and go back out and get in the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink