Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,403,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Sauteed mushrooms are yummy and go perfectly with bacon and swiss.

BLEC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 02:25 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,493 times
Why do folks want to stuff all sorts of add-ons into their hamburger while making the patties? You know, things like bread crumbs, oatmeal, eggs, sauces, powders etc. Yesterday I made mini burgers on my little George Foreman. I just threw the meat on the grill plain, nothing at all inside, not even salt/pepper. The burgers came out great. For buns I used dinner rolls with a little mayo/mustard on them, and poured some A1 on my plate for dipping. Sweet and simple.

Oh, I cheated on the mini burger "technique". I cooked just one fairly big patty, then cut it into fourths to make it mini. Please don't tell the burger cops!

Old 09-27-2010, 02:49 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Why do folks want to stuff all sorts of add-ons into their hamburger while making the patties? You know, things like bread crumbs, oatmeal...
Someone's never been po'...

Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 PM

16,071 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Is it weird that I don't really care for the taste of the hamburger meat itself? I never add hamburger to other dishes like spaghetti, but I think a grilled hamburger is great if it has enough tasty fixin's on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
BLEC
Just means more mushrooms for the rest of us.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:43 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,160 times
I like made with bison or turkey meat, then I like to add sharp or smoked cheddar, with red onions, and mushrooms. Now I want a burger!

Old 09-27-2010, 04:59 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Someone's never been po'...
Now that's a horse meat of a different color.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:30 AM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Ketchup, onions, pickles. Different types of cheese.

I remember I was somewhere down south once and ordered a cheeseburger. They put MAYO on it without telling me! It was so disgusting. I see some people on here do like to put mayonnaise on their burgers. I couldn't understand why someone in the food business would put something like that on a cheeseburger, though, without warning, unless the person specifically requested it.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:52 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,428 times
Onion, any type of cheese, pickle, mayo, mushroom, mustard.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:53 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ketchup, onions, pickles. Different types of cheese.

I remember I was somewhere down south once and ordered a cheeseburger. They put MAYO on it without telling me! It was so disgusting. I see some people on here do like to put mayonnaise on their burgers. I couldn't understand why someone in the food business would put something like that on a cheeseburger, though, without warning, unless the person specifically requested it.
Yeah, but when you look at it that way, shouldn't they warn you of what they don't put on it as well?
Every time I ordered burgers in fast food restaurants in New York they always left out the mustard, leaving you with ketchup only.
Here you are, lady, here's your cheesburger - but lemme warn you right now that it doesn't have any bacon or mushrooms or pickles or onions or tomatoes on it. But it does have some mayo in there.
Or maybe they should go through all that when you first ask for the cheeseburger? Hmm, that seems like a bit much, too.
I know! How about when you order a cheeseburger in a place that you've never been to before, you just smile and ask what condiments it comes with and then specify what you would like on it? That's the general trend.
Once I moved away from the New York rat race and came far down south I was thrilled to find all the great things that were missing in my life, such as the best food on earth ~ Great people, too.
I wonder if Burger King has mayo? I'm going to request it next time and find out.....sounds good to me!
Come to think of it - my wife always asks for mayo on her burgers....

Old 09-30-2010, 12:57 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,635 times
What I love on my hamburger:

1. Mayo
2. Mustard
3. Onion (sweet, preferrably)
4. Lettuce
5. Tomato
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink