Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 02:30 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,110,805 times

Advertisements

One great burger place I liked and still do is Chesters Hamburgers in and around the San Antonio, Tx area.

Nuthing fancy but just great tasting burgers. Sadly the bun company that provided Chesters with its poppy seed buns stopped making them. But you get fresh NOT frozen 1/4 grade A beef, daily cut Idhao popatoes and long with daily cut veggies. Dont forget onion rings!

They have a couple of specialties like: grillies,hickory sauce, green chillis, malts/shakes, hot wings and hot dogs that are more dog than bread. LOL. On top of that the beer selection is the best for a family enviroment. From American Ale to European Stout or is a Asia Beer your calling. Sure there is one you will like.

So if your in the San Antonio area or planning to visit, check this play out! They have 4 locations at: 1006 NE Loop 410 - 9980 W. IH-10 - 16609 San Pedro Ave. This last location is in Universal City on the ne part of San Antonio metro area - 621 Pat Booker Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 07:46 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,677,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
One great burger place I liked and still do is Chesters Hamburgers in and around the San Antonio, Tx area.

Nuthing fancy but just great tasting burgers. Sadly the bun company that provided Chesters with its poppy seed buns stopped making them. But you get fresh NOT frozen 1/4 grade A beef, daily cut Idhao popatoes and long with daily cut veggies. Dont forget onion rings!

They have a couple of specialties like: grillies,hickory sauce, green chillis, malts/shakes, hot wings and hot dogs that are more dog than bread. LOL. On top of that the beer selection is the best for a family enviroment. From American Ale to European Stout or is a Asia Beer your calling. Sure there is one you will like.

So if your in the San Antonio area or planning to visit, check this play out! They have 4 locations at: 1006 NE Loop 410 - 9980 W. IH-10 - 16609 San Pedro Ave. This last location is in Universal City on the ne part of San Antonio metro area - 621 Pat Booker Rd.
I never tried it, but had several people recommend Chris Madrids in S.A. and that was fantastic. Be prepared for a lot of people to post about chains, lol.

There isn't anything called "grade A" beef. There are so many factors that make a good burger.
1. The cut of beef
2. Percentage of fat
3. If it was pressed to cook faster
4. When it was ground
5. If cooked on a griddle or an open flame
6. If it was frozen

Old 10-07-2010, 07:47 PM
bjh

59,707 posts, read 30,164,765 times
That may be okay if it's a local chain.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:51 PM

49,968 posts, read 63,277,013 times
B&D Burgers, Savannah

Old 10-07-2010, 09:14 PM

18,922 posts, read 11,516,629 times
In Pittsburgh, PA - Tessaro's in Bloomfield. No fries - only chips - but the burgers are so good it doesn't matter. This is one of the only places I'm confident about ordering my burger cooked Medium rare.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:15 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,487,514 times
Five Guys in Missoula, MT.
Five Guys in Orange, CA.
Five Guys in Ft. Collins, CO.

The burgers are hot and they immediately wrap them in foil, which makes them a bit steamed...

Great burgers, meat is never pink......fries or cajun fries, which are delicious!

Peanuts to eat while you are waiting, which isn't long...

Old 10-08-2010, 11:57 AM

10,194 posts, read 17,731,299 times
The Gourmet Burger Kitchen is pretty good here in the UK: Gourmet Burger Kitchen - Home
And a place called Grill on the Alley does a Kobe burger which is pretty good but honestly, for £18 (about $29 USD), I was expecting it to be the best burger I've ever had and it wasn't: The Grill on the Alley - Blackhouse Grills - Restaurant and Bar in Manchester (http://www.blackhouse.uk.com/restaurants/restaurants-manchester - broken link)

Anyplace that offers Aberdeen Angus beef and doesn't overcook the burger is alright by me though. And keep it simple: just cheese and mayo.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:00 PM

6,115 posts, read 12,480,001 times
Apple Pan and Father's Office are the closest ones to me. There are a lot of good burgers in LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Five Guys in Missoula, MT.
Five Guys in Orange, CA.
Five Guys in Ft. Collins, CO.

The burgers are hot and they immediately wrap them in foil, which makes them a bit steamed...

Great burgers, meat is never pink......fries or cajun fries, which are delicious!

Peanuts to eat while you are waiting, which isn't long...
Five Guys is alright, but hardly worth the hype, IMO. Good burgers, but no better than In N Out.

And ............ hardly any wait? When I went to Five Guys in Thousand Oaks, it was SLAMMED. Line around the building. Easily a 20 minute wait.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:53 PM

124 posts, read 314,045 times
I looove The Burger Joint in Washington D.C. I believe it is located in Dupont Circle, right across from the famous Kramers Bookstore.

They were on the FoodNetwork's show Throwdown with Bobby Flay for their lamb burger and won! Haven't tried it because I can't get enough of their classic burger.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:59 PM

5,284 posts, read 19,986,028 times
Louisville, KY - the best burger is at The Shady Lane Cafe. Every element of their burger is really delicious. In Virginia the best hamburger I have ever had (anywhere) was at the Smithfield Inn in Smithfiled, VA.

1200RT - I completely agree - I think Five Guys is sooo overrated! There are much better burgers out there.

I definitely don't think that Angus beef is the best tasting beef that I have - Angus beef is commercial beef (personally I can't stand the way it smells when it is cooking). We have lots of cattle in Ky and we had never had beef from a Belted Galloway (often called the Oreo Cow) until we moved here two years ago. We were blown away by the beefy wonderful taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink