Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 04:56 PM

14 posts, read 43,665 times

Advertisements

Really that's what you believe?! If that's what you believe, great! However, for most of us this isn't all of a sudden! My parents grew up this way, I grew up this way and now for my children this is how they are being raised! Some of us have always been aware of our bodies and our enviroment! Even though I have been raised to eat organic, healthy food... it really woke me up to see all the food allergies increasing, cancer, diabetes, and many more diseases. I personally know several people that have had cancer and overcome it with eating a strict organic, raw, vegan diet with some supplements. Unfortunetly, with alll the chemicals in our environment, with the precautions many of us take to avoid we can't do anything about them because of the ones putting them there and the govt for allowing it!
Something to think about: I do have some family and friends that don't even know/care about organic.... however it is really interesting to see how when they come over and enjoy my wonderful food they rave all about it! Even if it's just some organic strawberries, they can't believe how good they are! Not only for health benefits but organic truely tastes like the food is supposed to!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 AM

2 posts, read 1,571 times
none of you are right. i'm trying to figure out the answer to the same question. but, i just wanted to point out that not one of you are even remotely accurate

Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 1,571 times
none of you are right. i'm trying to figure out the answer to the same question. but, i just wanted to point out that not one of you are even remotely accurate

Old 06-15-2018, 12:21 AM

948 posts, read 920,290 times
When people into nourishing diets use the term "whole food", they mean complete foods, without refinements or excess processing. For example, "whole grain" still contains the healthy bran and fiber. Another common term is "whole milk", which has not been stripped of the fats.

When somebody recommends eating whole foods, they are saying eat foods in their complete form--without stripping away parts of them or processing parts of them out. You would eat raw sugar, whole grains, produce with the skin on (if it is edible), and eat meat with the fat and skin with it. (Many people think that removing the fats from meats and milk makes them healthier, but some people think it is healthier to leave them in.)

OTOH, organic means foods that are free of pesticides, chemicals, and non-GMO.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:32 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I have been trying to eliminate some of the preservatives, coloring and artificial flavors from my diet.

When your trying to do this its so hard to find bread...well we have a place in town that has second hand stuff, you can buy, sell or trade...I got myself a bread maker for a coffee table I wanted to get rid of. It would be so easy for me to make up some nice REAL wheat bread, freeze a couple loaves and take a loaf out when I need it. No worries about what the industry has put in it.
Whole wheat bread is fairly easy to find. But it is true that commercial bread has some ingredients that you would not put into your home baked bread.

If you read the ingredient list on the bread bag, you can see if it is all whole grain, or not. Whole wheat bread is widely available these days.

I am eating Dave’s Killer Bread brand 100% Whole Wheat Bread these days.

Old 06-16-2018, 06:36 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarnla View Post
When people into nourishing diets use the term "whole food", they mean complete foods, without refinements or excess processing. For example, "whole grain" still contains the healthy bran and fiber. Another common term is "whole milk", which has not been stripped of the fats.

When somebody recommends eating whole foods, they are saying eat foods in their complete form--without stripping away parts of them or processing parts of them out. You would eat raw sugar, whole grains, produce with the skin on (if it is edible), and eat meat with the fat and skin with it. (Many people think that removing the fats from meats and milk makes them healthier, but some people think it is healthier to leave them in.)

OTOH, organic means foods that are free of pesticides, chemicals, and non-GMO.
free of pesticides?? you sure about that? you may want to read the latest which says pesticides ARE sprayed on organics.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:37 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
whole foods means nothing

natural foods means nothing

organic foods have actual requirements and are certified

Old 06-16-2018, 04:13 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post

Yes.

But most of us understand what natural peanut butter is. So, in that case, I suupose the word natural is meaningful.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:01 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,080,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post

You might want to check how loosely the term "Organic" can be applied in this country.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:11 AM

74 posts, read 24,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce

Yup. A big difference between NON-GMO and Organic!!

If it just says NON GMO it might not be free of stuff that isnt good for you.... If you can afford it,always look for stuff that says USDA ORGANIC (Anything labeled organic is NON-GMO)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink